Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Monitoring a potential important TV to East Coastal storm: Jan 17

Typhoon Tip

12 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

06z GFS tracks the low through Scranton.  :raining:

It runs the low from Atlanta to Syracuse and mixes almost to Phin’s backyard.  Not saying it can’t happen but you don’t see winter storms run up the spine of the Appalachian’s too often. 
In other words I doubt we see a final solution that rains all the way to Albany.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

It runs the low from Atlanta to Syracuse and mixes almost to Phin’s backyard.  Not saying it can’t happen but you don’t see winter storms run up the spine of the Appalachian’s too often. 
In other words I doubt we see a final solution that rains all the way to Albany.

Its evolution of the low in the SE/SRN MA is a mess.  I think a track of the low from maybe Hatteras over NYC is very possible but W of that I have my doubts

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OceanStWx said:

Nice shift on the 12.00z EPS.

Now looking like a big chunk of the forum (sorry AEMATT) with EPS members forecasting extreme snowfall relative to the model climate. The shift of tails hasn't really moved a lot. 

So this to me says that there is growing consensus for a decent snowfall for the interior, but the really big snow forecasts remain with the farther west members.

ens_2022011200_ne_24h_sfi_SFC_144.png

Dec 92 esque . 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Yeah--there's still plenty of time for it to run over Detroit.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

You’re melting down to an op run at 6z. Ensembles look great for SNE. It’s 5 days out. Things always shift east. Messenger shuffle etc. For God’s sake get a grip officer 

Ensembles are also shifting west.  Are you already drunk ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2