Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Monitoring a potential important TV to East Coastal storm: Jan 17

Typhoon Tip

1 minute ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I like your stance, I do. I am leaning that way as well. 

Thanks man. 

It’s just so early in this evolution. And so much to figure out.  I mean look at Friday’s event…how that ran the gamut from soup to nuts..and in the end the sound meteorological ideas won the day for us, regardless of what modeling was trying to sell us.  

Sure this could cut/fail, but I’m not taking too much too seriously either way(good or bad for winter enthusiasts) until Saturday. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, WinterWolf said:

Thanks man. 

It’s just so early in this evolution. And so much to figure out.  I mean look at Friday’s event…how that ran the gamut from soup to nuts..and in the end the sound meteorological ideas won the day for us, regardless of what modeling was trying to sell us.  

Sure this could cut/fail, but I’m not taking too much too seriously either way(good or bad for winter enthusiasts) until Saturday. 

We just need to keep it within striking distance until about 48hr out…then we pounce on it like a wolf in the wild.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Yankees29 said:

In March '94, I was in Pawling, NY (valley location).  Temp went from -22 under crystal clear skies to 53 with a driving rainstorm with 20+ southerly winds in 30 hrs (No frozen precip at outset)

That was a rare blip in that incredible winter.  We had a few snow/sleet flakes/pellets but ultimately also a 50 degree rain.  The next day 3 inches of snow (anafrontal?)

Just now, weathafella said:

Euro a bit east of 12Z.  Low comes over eastern CT/MA.  Sort of a SWFE vibe with what appears to want to. triple point.  in progress.  Good evening folks.

Didn’t see the precip maps but if it goes from NYC to right over eastern mass that’s a step in the right direction. Still would be rain for my area, but even like 20 miles NW of my area would probably stay snow the whole storm and get a blizzard, rather than being confined to far inland. So far mixed signals, Canadian trended in the wrong direction Euro in the right direction. Models are still struggling with the pattern, hopefully the low doesn’t go inland at all.

Nice shift on the 12.00z EPS.

Now looking like a big chunk of the forum (sorry AEMATT) with EPS members forecasting extreme snowfall relative to the model climate. The shift of tails hasn't really moved a lot. 

So this to me says that there is growing consensus for a decent snowfall for the interior, but the really big snow forecasts remain with the farther west members.

ens_2022011200_ne_24h_sfi_SFC_144.png

• Like 3

I think we’ll definitely want to see a shift eastward in the 12z suite. Don’t like the idea of a storm tracking into interior NE. 
I do! ... just not at this lead time.

With the high and blocking in place, is there a definite limit as to how far west this could go? (Could it indeed cut?)

At this time I'd prefer a BM track so it could adjust (like we know they always do) NW...

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

• Haha 1