Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Monitoring a potential important TV to East Coastal storm: Jan 17

Typhoon Tip

1 minute ago, WinterWolf said:

At 5.5 days it sure can be ignored. There will be over a dozen and a half more runs showing something else before go time.  Windshield wiper affect… 

It’s not the particular solution per say nor is it just one run. The trend has been nw for practically every model past several cycles. More corrections coming of course but don’t toss an inland runner idea at d5, that’s all. I’d probably toss bermuda lows though ha. 

1 minute ago, dryslot said:

Tough to buy that this is the outcome this far out, Seen this change to many times just this year at a short lead time, Going to need a few more days to see if this continues then i will consider it.

100% agree. This has an eternity to go. So many more model runs, the fragile ones will be hanging by Thursday night:frostymelt:

1 minute ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

It’s not the particular solution per say nor is it just one run. The trend has been nw for practically every model past several cycles. More corrections coming of course but don’t toss an inland runner idea at d5, that’s all. I’d probably toss bermuda lows though ha. 

Theres so much cold air in place and a massive high to the north, not buying that it just moves outta there like that. GFS sucks, I’m all in with the NAVY.

• Weenie 3

There are a lot of inland runners though but nothing as far west as the op. Still, we know how the ens like to follow the op trend so they can certainly swing back se just as easily. 

It likes to move the same direction as the OP, But i'm not worried.

Lol…and 24 hrs ago it was a complete whiff.  And we had folks yesterday saying there was nothing going on. And that the Friday system was gonna screw the pooch for the rest of January.  Which was more utter nonsense. 

I feel you’re reading too much into one run..at a ridiculous long lead time. But that’s just my opinion. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, George001 said:

Theres so much cold air in place and a massive high to the north, not buying that it just moves outta there like that. GFS sucks, I’m all in with the NAVY.

30 hours after Boston had its coldest temperature in 60 years it rained back in 2016.

3 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Lol…and 24 hrs ago it was a complete whiff.  And we had folks yesterday saying there was nothing going on. And that the Friday system was gonna screw the pooch for the rest of January.  Which was more utter nonsense. 

I feel you’re reading too much into one run..at a ridiculous long lead time. But that’s just my opinion. 

Nope. You haven’t looked at models then. It’s not just one run dude. Regardless, your reading too much into my interpretations. Model pbp is not a forecast or thought.

Just now, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Nope. You haven’t looked at models then. It’s not just one run dude. Regardless, your reading too much into my interpretations. Model pbp is not a forecast or thought.

I’m not worried one bit Luke.  I’ve seen them all today. I’ve learned to not get too caught up in model flip flops at 5-6 days out.  That’s all there is to that. Let’s see where we stand by Saturday. If it’s cutting then..then we cut. But No worries now. I realize you’re just analyzing this particular run. It’s all good. I’m not buying it at the moment. That’s my stance. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, FXWX said:

For those of you with the Kocin / Uccellini Northeast Snowstorms Volume II - The Card book available, check out the Feb. 15-17, 1958 storm.  Very close surface and 500 mb match for the pre-storm 48 hours period onward to the day of the event.  The result was widespread 9 to 16" amounts across SNE with a heavy deformation band of 20 to 36 inches running northeast across eastern PA, eastern NY on into srn VT /  central NH...  It was a slower mover than the upcoming event is likely to be, but good features analog match?

Just looked at that...Surface and h850 look pretty reasonable, looks like the H500 feature didn't close off until the last panel (00Z 02/17/58) and sort of a merge/phase (?) with the H500 low over Hudson Bay.  Right now...GooFuS and others are closing H500 contours earlier along the path.  Something to keep an eye on...

6 hours ago, dryslot said:

Storms don't like tracking up the Appalachians just saying, A hugger i could see though.

4 minutes ago, SnowGoose69 said:

The low taking a track NNW makes no sense...not that we have not seen it before but its rare for SFC lows to want to go anywhere near the spine of the Apps

Agree.

Just now, WinterWolf said:

I’m not worried one bit Luke.  I’ve seen them all today. I’ve learned to not get too caught up in model flip flops at 5-6 days out.  That’s all there is to that. Let’s see where we stand by Saturday. If it’s cutting then..then we cut. But No worries now. I realize you’re just analyzing this particular run. It’s all good. I’m not buying it at the moment. That’s my stance. 

I like your stance, I do. I am leaning that way as well. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Weenie 1