Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Monitoring a potential important TV to East Coastal storm: Jan 17

Typhoon Tip

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

I don't mind a hugger...just don't track it over my fanny....even an LI to Cape track would be an awful lot of snow before any taint.

Wouldn’t that track snow everywhere NW of the low like Jan 2011 due to the airmass in place combined with how strong and wrapped up the storm is? 

• Weenie 1

A reprise of Jan 2-3, 1987 would be wonderful, especially if its beginning was as odd as that one.  PWM reported snow by 4 AM and outside my Augusta office it arrived about 12:30.  Then, after taking 8+ hour to advance 55 miles to the northeast, it went from first flakes to <1/4 mile visibility in less than 60 seconds.  Other than in squalls, that's the quickest I've seen first flake to S+.  Dumped 16.0" at my (then) Gardiner home, 2nd only to 12/20-21/95 in my 13 winters there.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Confidence high on a storm on the EPS, but plenty of spread....but not bad for D6.

Jan11_12zEPS150.png

Jan11_12zEPS156.png

Don't think we could ask for much better - that's probably right at the performance ceiling for the state of the art of the technology. lol.. seriously though. 
I've seen much worse at that time of range.

Just now, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I didn’t think this could turn the corner that quickly after it gets buried into the southeast but the trailing sw diving in will ultimately have a lot to say as to who wins and who whines. 

That phase part and where that happens will say it all.

Just now, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I didn’t think this could turn the corner that quickly after it gets buried into the southeast but the trailing sw diving in will ultimately have a lot to say as to who wins and who whines. 

Storm prediction:  there will be more whining than winning. 

• Haha 2