• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Jan 15-16 Winter Storm

Brick Tamland

Also, has anyone else noticed the snow/ice storm all the way down to the Gulf Coast GFS has forecast for the end of January? Obviously thats a ways off. BUT, this shows Baton Rouge & Savannah would get 17", Meridian 16", Biloxi/Gulfport 15" of snow lol. That would probably take a bitterly cold airmass to make this happen.

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_52.png

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_53.png

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_54.png

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_55.png

gfs_asnow_us_65.png

Also, has anyone else noticed the snow/ice storm all the way down to the Gulf Coast GFS has forecast for the end of January? Obviously thats a ways off. BUT, this shows Baton Rouge & Savannah would get 17", Meridian 16", Biloxi/Gulfport 15" of snow lol. That would probably take a bitterly cold airmass to make this happen.
gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_52.png
gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_53.png

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_54.png
gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_55.png
gfs_asnow_us_65.png
You used the total snowfall so that is the max from the entire run (and includes sleet), these are the totals from that storm at the end of the month 99859d76cef1e21c655c0985775b354b.jpg

Sent from my SM-S115DL using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Yes, that along with other upcoming storm threats are being talked about in the Long Range thread. This is just for this storm
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Sandstorm94 said:

You used the total snowfall so that is the max from the entire run (and includes sleet), these are the totals from that storm at the end of the month 99859d76cef1e21c655c0985775b354b.jpg

Gotcha! So that would mean a foot of sleet that far south? Ill let this go as this isnt the thread for this. Thanks for clarifying that @AirNelson39 !

Gotcha! So that would mean a foot of sleet that far south?
That is purely snow, Savannah would get nothing but .71" of ice from that system. That is the thing about Tropical Tidbits, it is limited on what is available due to it being free to use, whereas cites like Weatherbell that need a subscription offer more detailed products.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, burrel2 said:

Yea, i'm not expecting anything more than a very light glaze from freezing drizzle in between heavier sleet showers mid-day tomorrow.  95% of our precip will be snow or sleet.

Burrell you are the man! 8 inches of snow and now heavy sleet in northern Six Mile. NWS blew it again this way!!!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Tony Sisk said:

Burrell never wavered on what he expected. It happened exactly as predicted. GSP and Justus reacted, which is unusual.

Yeah I was surprised with Chris Justus but, understand after 2014 when he was forecasting 12-14 inches of snow. And we only got 2 inches of slop and he received death threats afterwards.