• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Jan 15-16 Winter Storm

Brick Tamland

Just when I  think the Hrrr can't get any better; it spits out this non sense. Upstate, SC... let's go!!! I'm honestly going to be very... very surprised if Oconee/Pickens/Greenville doesn't get at least 3-4 inches at this point. The writing is on the wall, front end thump incoming!

Screen Shot 2022-01-15 at 5.40.59 PM.png

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, burrel2 said:

Just when I  think the Hrrr can't get any better; it spits out this non sense. Upstate, SC... let's go!!! I'm honestly going to be very... very surprised if Oconee/Pickens/Greenville doesn't get at least 3-4 inches at this point. The writing is on the wall, front end thump incoming!

Let’s Goooooo!!!!!!

• Weenie 2

13 minutes ago, burrel2 said:

Do you know if we can trust the thermals of the HRRR?

18 minutes ago, AirNelson39 said:

Brad P just put out his final call maps. Really backed off totals for foothills. 2-4” for most of the foothills and 4-6” for immediate escarpment. I’m hoping latest GFS busts his forecast. Major major let down if the foothills do indeed get 2-4”
ae9e408aadece7feaaa6690b6799aebb.jpg

Through the Catawba Valley this map doesn't even come close to matching the liquid equivalent that most models are showing. His freezing rain map only has .05"-.15" of freezing rain. This would only capture about .5-.75 inches of precip falling to match these totals. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, burrel2 said:

Eric Webb (Met in Charlotte area) on Twitter is all over HRRR trends as well 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, gman said:

I love the GSP NWS, but they seem defensive and confused with this storm. They posted a tweet in the last few hours with a graphic that only shows a Winter Storm Warning in the mountains of Greenville County. 

Their weekend staff has been all over the place. I’m with you, they are consistently the best…but really confusing.

35 minutes ago, WXNewton said:

Through the Catawba Valley this map doesn't even come close to matching the liquid equivalent that most models are showing. His freezing rain map only has .05"-.15" of freezing rain. This would only capture about .5-.75 inches of precip falling to match these totals. 

I think it because in his earlier videos he said that it would be heavy precip and that would affect ice accumulation. He said light to moderate precip would result in higher ice totals.

1 minute ago, btownheel said:

Excited for the Upstate crew. I know you guys have been in the screw zone a ton over the last decade. Look to catch the bullseye here.

Our bit of snow followed by Pingermageddon will still be fun! After the last few winters, I’ll happily take what we can get.

Yes we have! I’ll remain skeptical until it starts to accumulate..

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, btownheel said:

Excited for the Upstate crew. I know you guys have been in the screw zone a ton over the last decade. Look to catch the bullseye here.

Our bit of snow followed by Pingermageddon will still be fun! After the last few winters, I’ll happily take what we can get.

I hope you are right!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, btownheel said:

My front door better look like this come Monday morning: 

05DA6737-5EA6-4E7B-AF8E-00995D6854E0.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Haha 9
  • Weenie 3