Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Jan 15-16 Winter Storm

Brick Tamland

11 minutes ago, SnowGoose69 said:

I wouldn’t be shocked at all it NRN-CNTRL MS AL GA see fairly significant snows.  That upper low is fairly strong.  You don’t usually see a 500 low that strong without fairly significant snow somewhere.  The NAM does show snows wrapping behind it but at this time it’s very light 

Yup. That's what I've been banking on...honestly the comma head on the NAM is impressive in MS. They're getting pounded on.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, BooneWX said:

Hate the look of that dry slot on the NAM in WNC. Hopefully there will be some back building but that can always be the fly in the ointment for these setups.

It is a concern as normal in these situations. But the NAM showed upwards of a solid inch area wide. 

2 minutes ago, AirNelson39 said:

Seems like all of the models are really backing off totals for far western Piedmont and the foothills of NC. We’ve gone from 2” of liquid down to just over 1”. Not a good trend. Would have thought with a track like that we would have some much higher totals.

Dry slot is intense in recent models 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AirNelson39 said:

Seems like all of the models are really backing off totals for far western Piedmont and the foothills of NC. We’ve gone from 2” of liquid down to just over 1”. Not a good trend. Would have thought with a track like that we would have some much higher totals.

Some models have gone up on totals but I dont think precip amounts are set in stone yet for specific areas 

• Like 1