• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Jan 15-16 Winter Storm

Brick Tamland

If you guys are obsessed with over analyzing everything like me… go look at the 48hr hrrr and tell me what is going on with that random wave in the northeast that’s wrecked our high pressure and will probably lead to our storm not riding up the coast? Is it smoking crack or what? 

I haven’t seen that on any other modeling.

7 minutes ago, burrel2 said:

If you guys are obsessed with over analyzing everything like me… go look at the 48hr hrrr and tell me what is going on with that random wave in the northeast that’s wrecked our high pressure and will probably lead to our storm not riding up the coast? Is it smoking crack or what? 

I haven’t seen that on any other modeling.

Looks like snow breaking out over central NC well before the storm which is not on any other model for that time stamp

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, ILMRoss said:

Still a long way to go with this run. But my feeling is that if you are in a marginal area, you’re not going to enjoy the 00z NAM.

Do ppl ever use the NAM for anything except CAD Thermals? Seriously asking… although I will give it and HRR props…. Not everytime but if one of them start to toot the horn about something Bad I’d bank it 

Do ppl ever use the NAM for anything except CAD Thermals? Seriously asking… although I will give it and HRR props…. Not everytime but if one of them start to toot the horn about something Bad I’d bank it 

NAMs great for a lot of things; thermals, soundings (for both svr and winter), convection is modeled better. Higher resolution always helps. And it’s generally good to have as many models in your camp as possible. If you watch a a lot of football you may occasionally see an offensive lineman go down and the announcers will say “ohh man they’re going to miiiiiissssssss him”. And if he’s on your team, you may think “ah ok well it’s not the quarterback” but deep down you do get worried. Basically how I feel when the NAM or something similar is souring. Hopefully that analogy made sense.
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1