Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Jan 15-16 Winter Storm

Brick Tamland

2 minutes ago, Cheeznado said:

Yes, but i still trended farther south with the surface low, baby steps.

Yep but its annoying since for my own psychological well being I wish it would get with the program already. 

1 minute ago, HKY_WX said:

We all have a scorned lover it seems lol.

Lol for real. 

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, wncsnow said:

Soo my question to mets and all... when are we going to start making some snow maps?

Tonight, mainly because of so much "misinformation" going on. Probably will go conservative being the first map and due to the uncertainty with the amount of sleet mixing in.

Many local people here are saying 12+ is a guarantee.... Possible, but not the most likely scenario with the sleet mixing in. The weather apps....

• Like 2

A word about the icon for north ga folks, looking at full soundings there isn't much difference between the 06z and 12z run with respect to soundings and the threat of a front end hit of snow.. I'm a bit baffled to be honest why it cut totals.  Surface through the mid levels look  cold. Might be foolish to worry about such minor details at this range but can't help myself. 

12z Canadian is also lovely.

• Like 5

It’s funny how so many people focus on micro analyzing the gfs when we know it’s the worst with predicting pressure gradients and low pressure tracks around a wedge. I can guarantee you its on an island with its low pressure track/evolution because its wrong. Analyzing thermals from it is a waste of time as a result. 

12z ukmet crude panels looks great again and line up with other guidance. Yay! 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, burrel2 said:

It’s funny how so many people focus on micro analyzing the gfs when we know it’s the worst with predicting pressure gradients and low pressure tracks around a wedge. I can guarantee you its on an island with its low pressure track/evolution because its wrong. Analyzing thermals from it is a waste of time as a result. 

Great analysis.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, burrel2 said:

Where do you think the low will track?