• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Jan 15-16 Winter Storm

Brick Tamland

Feeling now 50/50 or better to lose power (ice) here in Winston. Would be second time in two weeks after the wind/rain/snow extravaganza. Fun times. 

Also feels like pure snowstorm will be well west of 77 and ++ elevation. ~800 to 1,200 feet maybe WAA thump but quickly sleet/ice fest. Nothing like 25 degrees and pingers. 
I have lived in the Winston area a long time and cannot remember getting a lot of ZR from a setup like this. Now sleet, yes. If anything, I believe you would stand a better chance at losing it due to the wind. I do remember a handful of storms over the years that started as an initial thump of snow and ending as sleet with just enough freezing drizzle mixed in to setup some epic sledding.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

f56377ace736886929e012441d98e2f1.jpg
This, to me, is a model that’s saying “trust me guys, I know what im doing here”. I know a model is sniffing something out when the isobars in North Carolina look like the Map app when I drove on the blue ridge parkway a few years ago.

(If this is your first rodeo, this is sarcasm, I think whatever surface map the GFS is putting down is pretty bogus. No surface map should look this arbitrarily wavy. Nice tick to the SE tho!)

• Haha 2