Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Jan 15-16 Winter Storm

Brick Tamland

Just now, Cheeznado said:

The trend is the only thing worth looking at on the ICON and it is good. All else is noise. Lets not clog up the thread with every panel of the models quite yet, especially the lesser poorer performing ones.

Bingo. It's hilarious to me a model made specifically for Germany who europeans mainly use for short range is used so often here. (me being the worst offender of course) 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, burgertime said:

Bingo. It's hilarious to me a model made specifically for Germany who europeans mainly use for short range is used so often here. (me being the worst offender of course) 

Its like the previews at AMC before the main show. Hard not to watch.

5 minutes ago, burgertime said:

For everyone watching we need that ridge in the northwest to act as the highway to to the south. The energy in the NE to play the perfect game of suppression/relief and for the 00z GFS to work out some northern energy to drop down and juice our system. 

Here's a gif of what to look for. Red is the "highway". Purple is the energy in the NE. The arrow is pointing to the phase that juices the system. 

Iq6inB7.gif

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, NJsnow89 said:

Slide those heavy totals towards the east a bit! Moved to Wilson, NC recently from NJ and would love to see some snow here. 

For higher totals in Wilson, you need the LP off the coast to be further east of the location showed on the ICON.  If you noticed the map Wow posted, the LP is right on the coast or slightly inland.  Need that a little east.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rduwx said:

For higher totals in Wilson, you need the LP off the coast to be further east of the location showed on the ICON.  If you noticed the map Wow posted, the LP in right on the coast or slightly inland.  Need that a little east.

Heck,  even we'd need it a little east in Cary

1 minute ago, ILMRoss said:

I did not know that was the origin. I implore everyone to not get too caught up in the Diet ECMWF.

Yea it was essentially the German NAM. It was then updated to cover more areas here. It does really well here especially at around 90 hours or so. But I've seen it bust pretty hard here as well.