• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Jan 15-16 Winter Storm

Brick Tamland

One of the greatest spreads I’ve ever seen. GFS deepens into arguably a blizzard with a monster 12-18” swath meanwhile the Euro has a 1-3” special from Aiken to Wilmington. I will say I worry about how amped the GFS is throughout this storm, shows almost a foot of snow when this thing is back in Omaha & Des Moines. Euro is probably the more realistic solution at this time

2 minutes ago, buckeyefan1 said:

06z gfs is a pretty nasty ice storm for some 

1643263200-dE3wbCBOGR8.png

Yea I was thinking the same to myself. A low traveling inland through Fayetville and up west of Richmond into Chesterfield area would be very difficult for a lot to remain all snow as the dominant type. Still think the GFS is too amped but it doubled down its position from 0z and also has others joining its radical thinking 

7 minutes ago, nwohweather said:

One of the greatest spreads I’ve ever seen. GFS deepens into arguably a blizzard with a monster 12-18” swath meanwhile the Euro has a 1-3” special from Aiken to Wilmington. I will say I worry about how amped the GFS is throughout this storm, shows almost a foot of snow when this thing is back in Omaha & Des Moines. Euro is probably the more realistic solution at this time

Yeah there needs to be continuity with the models and right now there isn't much but plenty of time for things to come together. 

Here is the 00z EPS snow output. It’s night and day compared to the control run. 
8FE86364-0A87-42AD-9B1D-3C1E8ECD689C.png.71b42cd832de50a71b5c1a21f35e4f19.png

This is both the furthest out I’ve ever seen ILM with 4+ inches on the Euro Ens. Come to think of it, this may be the only time I’ve seen ILM with 4+ inches on the Euro Ens. And I always check that, I mean, do you see my username? Lol
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, ILMRoss said:

This is both the furthest out I’ve ever seen ILM with 4+ inches on the Euro Ens. Come to think of it, this may be the only time I’ve seen ILM with 4+ inches on the Euro Ens. And I always check that, I mean, do you see my username? Lol

It's really either wanting to make your day or be a huge let down. Hope this keeps it up cause what a wild storm with possible mountains to coast snow. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Met1985 said:

Yeah there needs to be continuity with the models and right now there isn't much but plenty of time for things to come together. 

There's spread but the overall setup is there which is the key. Also it appears the Euro keeps taking more steps towards the GFS. Gut feeling is we see some consolidation at 12z...but a long with the others the GFS looks too amped. 

• Like 1

Just now, burgertime said:

There's spread but the overall setup is there which is the key. Also it appears the Euro keeps taking more steps towards the GFS. Gut feeling is we see some consolidation at 12z...but a long with the others the GFS looks too amped. 

Yeah I agree we are starting to see things come together and it's not like we are 10 days out for this storm.  A lot of possibilities on the table from flurries to an all out raging snowstorm. 

1 minute ago, burgertime said:

6z EPS again goes towards the GFS. Not the monster GFS is but a nice low track with an I-85 special. RDU east across much of the state is 4+. Not so far east with that 4+ as the 00z. Sorry @ILMRoss

6z_Euro_EPS_Snow.png

As you mentioned, not the bomb the GFS has YET. But, definitely a big step toward it. 

• Like 2

I woke up this morning and the first thing I checked was the 00z Euro.  It was pretty disappointing as it showed one of my concerns - the cold air/hp totally crushes things and pushes the storm way too far south.  The end result was not a very big storm for anybody.  The 06z Euro I get only goes out 90 hours, so it was difficult to really tell where it was headed.  Hoping the 12z Euro comes in with a bit more juice and widespread winter weather.

TW