Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 15-16 Winter Storm

Brick Tamland

4 minutes ago, NCsandhills said:

Looks juicy and fun, but 6+ days out...not letting myself get hyped at all, until I see a similar run <72 hours out.

Nobody should really believe it's going to blow up like that but we have a good storm system coming in it's beginning to look like.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wow, the 00z GFS was a run for the ages. Well Over a foot of snow in the from CLT to the Triad and the Triangle. Add to that very strong winds, with surface temps in the 20’s for a big portion of NC. That’s a legit blizzard from the GFS. Also a nasty ice storm along the Hwy 1 corridor. Just incredible. If the Euro spits out something even half that we’ll see everyone jump on board tomorrow.

• Like 3

Just now, wncsnow said:

It has its issues but trusted mets still use it. The GFS and UK both have deficiencies. I think the GFS tends to overdo Northern stream energy 

I will defer on this but I did state earlier that the GFS has a known bias to dig significantly more than other models with northern stream systems. It would be amazing to have that run verify for a lot of us but in all reality my gut has been telling me a 3-6” type event for someone in the sub forum would be most likely at this juncture. Now trying to predict the timing is nearly impossible until maybe 12z Wednesday or even into 0z Thursday. These vorts right now are like trying to catch a school of fish while your waist deep with no net. 

1 minute ago, JoshM said:

Indeed, looking good

gem_mslp_pcpn_frzn_eus_22.png

gem_asnow_seus_26.png

Difference that’s noticeable is the gfs is wanting to go neutral to almost negative tilt with the system. As it traverses over panhandle region. Canadian is super close with its own mini bowling ball. What an interesting twist tonight. Looking forward to waking up tomorrow morning and sipping on some coffee for the 6z runs. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Wow said:

Full blown blizzard conditions over NC, VA. Just an ideal run here.

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_24.png

Now that’s a backyard special right there. The dream. I think what’s even better is knowing the trends the Euro seems to be at least saying all the pieces are there for this. Drop the QPF in half and it’s still one crazy storm. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, burgertime said:

Yea I can see that for sure. EPS looked pretty damn close to the GFS with the setup. You guys are in for it I think. Makes me jealous haha.

I'm sure we could fundraise to get you over here lol. An OG member of this sub for sure. Hope all is well and thanks for your insight over the years!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, jrips27 said:

I'm sure we could fundraise to get you over here lol. An OG member of this sub for sure. Hope all is well and thanks for your insight over the years!

Thanks! Haha I just love it here too much even if all winter it’s 36 and rain most years. Looking forward to seeing how this plays out. Even the UK Met trended in the right direction though it sends the low to the FL panhandle. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1