• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
East coast storm targets our subforum Noon Sunday-3PM Monday 1/16-17/22 with significant impact potential for heavy snow/heavy rain, a period of gusts 45-60 MPH along the coast with possible coastal flooding Monday morning high tide.

wdrag

Just now, HVSnowLover said:

Gets uglier and uglier by the run. GFS is all rain for city and even up to I287. Maybe thats almost better than having a half inch of slop be washed away.   

Agreed.  That's just a tease...and if it won't stick around anyway, what's the point?  I've got some things to do on my day off Monday anyway, so a big snowstorm would have put a wrinkle in those plans.

4 minutes ago, crossbowftw3 said:

This is getting close to being a fail for even folks like @snywxand I inland. I’d like to think we’d still be set for a front end of 5-8” before any sleet but even that might be a reach at this point. 

I never expected more than 2” with this setup. Sleetfest incoming. I’ve seen this movie way too many times 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, romba said:

GFS continues to show surface low popping in a good spot southeast of the city, unfortunately the mid and upper levels seem locked in as west, west and west. They haven't budged in like 36 hours so no go with this one. Was fun to track and learn :)

If we can get the mid level lows to redevelop sooner it might change the outcome otherwise it’s a wrap

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nycsnow said:

Euro map usually overdone but still impressive I’d be incredibly surprised if there’s no HWW this afternoon 

It’s probably overdone but the wind threat only seems to be increasing over time. 70mph gusts would be quite damaging especially since they’re coming from an onshore direction and would pile in water. 

• Rjay unpinned this topic