• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Upstate/Eastern New York- Jan 9-11 Lake Effect Snow Event

4 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

Looks like event is over. Go home. 3.5" this evening, and an inch this a.m. NOT QUITE 6" here.

??? Getting a squall here currently. It hasn't stopped snowing since the band went through. Definitely lighter... but I still think there's more to come. Check out the radar..it's just starting pop again.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TugHillMatt said:

??? Getting a squall here currently. It hasn't stopped snowing since the band went through. Definitely lighter... but I still think there's more to come. Check out the radar..it's just starting pop again.

Won't look as impressive cause will be low in atmosphere but will produce.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

Mood flakes in Cicero

I just cannot believe that Channel 5 has -10 lows later on this week

5 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

Maybe...it has started snowing lightly again I just noticed.  Been busy watching Bama vs Georgia and trying to figure out how much for Atlanta this weekend.,,;)

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, vortmax said:

This has been the absolute lowest snow winter season so far here. Pretty amazing. Couldn't have more than 8"in total so far. 

We need those synoptic storms to go along the coast and give us a combo of snowfalls. I am convinced those of us to the south of Lake Ontario really don't do well with lake effect. The fetch just isn't there. Lake Ontario helps and feeds us with additional moisture during synoptic events for my favorite: Lake Enhancement.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BuffaloWeather said:

I think there are a few small snowflakes at the corner of my yard if I look real closely. 

Yep only a light dusting here. Grass is almost all showing besides some crust piles from last weeks snow. 

Brutally cold again this morning. 2 degrees but with a 10 mph wind the wind chill was -14 . Up to a balmy 6 degrees with a -9 wind chill now. There is no use for this cold of weather. God bless anyone (BuffaloWeather) who is gonna be sitting at the Bills game Saturday night in similar conditions. Gonna need a lot of drinks to keep the body warm :pepsi: