• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Upstate/Eastern New York- Jan 9-11 Lake Effect Snow Event

8 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Download the app Imgur, the upload the photo, then save to photos in phone. It automatically resizes to size to fit this forum. 

Alternately...take a screenshot of the photo and crop the edges to just show the photo. Reduces size so you can post here.

• Thanks 1

That was incredibly heavy snow, wow!  Honestly way heavier rates than anything I saw in Buffalo the other day. I was getting lost and disoriented on roads I’ve been on 100 times. 10 foot visibility at best during the peak. Really impressed. That was worth the price of admission. I took a couple vids but the camera does a great job of filtering out scattered light and noise so never really looks like much. I’ll see if any are decent after I eat. 

• Like 9

Better enjoy whatever we get tonight and tomorrow, because if the models are right, we might not see much for another week or two. lol... Could always get some "pop up" waves that show up a couple days beforehand, as we've seen already.

I'm guessing we'll have a little break after the band/front goes through and some snow showers/smaller bands will start forming.

6 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

That was incredibly heavy snow, wow!  Honestly way heavier rates than anything I saw in Buffalo the other day. I was getting lost and disoriented on roads I’ve been on 100 times. 10 foot visibility at best during the peak. Really impressed. That was worth the price of admission. I took a couple vids but the camera does a great job of filtering out scattered light and noise so never really looks like much. I’ll see if any are decent after I eat. 

Think this band peaked intensity over city and airport. Looked super impressive. 3 inch a hour rates.