• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Upstate/Eastern New York- Jan 9-11 Lake Effect Snow Event

17 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

Good Wayne county spotters are important with the lack of radar coverage for lake effect events. Glad to have you two.  West of me is a huge hole. I don’t think we have or have ever had one Orleans member. 

Do we have any Niagara Falls (NY or ON)-Lewiston-Youngstown members on here? 

I like to check these out as well. They're from the more immediate suburb of Liverpool near Onondaga Lake Parkway. I assess them to see when a snowband from the south might make it's way up here.

Live view - AXIS P3364 Network Camera (lpl.org)

See Town of Salina › East: NY- south of John Glenn Blvd (John Glenn Blvd) Live Webcam & Weather Report in Town of Salina, New York, US | SeeCam (there is a "live" version of this one as well)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, tim123 said:

Nope. Wish we did. Wish we had some posters from hamilton area for those easterly lake events

haha thats almost me. But Im actually from Caledonia Ontario. I moved from Mississauga to Caledonia a few years back and find I currently live about 10 miles away from those big events in Hamilton. I still get bonus snow from those NE winds during snowstorms but those 10 miles away see 18-24" while I would get 8-14" and everyone else without lake enhancement gets 6-10" 

Its certainly not very relevant information but it is a weather board. Those big events your talking about normally happen in Ancaster, Mount Hope/Hamilton Airport. The actual city of Hamilton most people see while driving from Buffalo-Toronto is below the escarpment but lots of suburbs and the airport are on top. The quick elevation helps produce some bigger snows on the top of the escarpment https://en-ca.topographic-map.com/maps/siv3/Hamilton/ 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CNY_WX said:

Right now it’s a spray of snow off the lake. We need to have this consolidate into a single band. 

I actually like the spray, as I like when more people can get involved. Once you get that single band, it's awesome if you're in it. But, only a select few get to enjoy anything. That's another reason I like lake enhanced snows over pure lake effect. A more broad area can cash in.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mississaugasnow said:

haha thats almost me. But Im actually from Caledonia Ontario. I moved from Mississauga to Caledonia a few years back and find I currently live about 10 miles away from those big events in Hamilton. I still get bonus snow from those NE winds during snowstorms but those 10 miles away see 18-24" while I would get 8-14" and everyone else without lake enhancement gets 6-10" 

You almost in the worst area of Southern Ontario for lake snow. Its good you can get some bonus snow with a North East wind. You ever get any erie action. Suspect that's rare would have to be a ssw wind

2 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Keep this thread focused on the lake effect snow event, post the other stuff in the general thread. RGEM shows 3 feet for wolf

snku_acc.us_ne.png

That map looks like 260/270 flow. Probably right as strong single bands tend to get focused down the long Axis of the lake.

• Like 1