• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York- Jan 9-11 Lake Effect Snow Event

6 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

For real. He needs to be banned. He's a detriment to the Philly forum and I feel bad they have to deal with him. He didn't deserve the time and energy Mike Gorse put into talking with him.

Marr, Can you name the  exact forum topic or link, I too want to read and comment

I don't like people like that who are trolls and contribute nothing and just stir the pot, I had them in NYC/LI forum

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sferic said:

Marr, Can you name the  exact forum topic or link, I too want to read and comment

I don't like people like that who are trolls and contribute nothing and just stir the pot, I had them in NYC/LI forum

I grew up in Lancaster, just outside the Philly area. My grandparents lived in Chester county...so a couple weeks ago he was arguing with another guy about the snowfall records for that county being "wrong." I shared my own experience of them often having higher amounts when I would go to visit and he got all up on my case and told me not to comment. lol.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Blue Moon said:

It makes sense you're from Lancaster. I thought I saw you driving the family around here yesterday

The Amish Horse-Drawn Buggy Is More Tech-Forward Than You Think

Lol..I legit had people ask me many times growing up if I was Amish whenever I mentioned I was from Lancaster. My response: "Yup. The buggy's parked out back."

P.S. Your comment was clipped (I'm guessing by a mod) on that thread. lol. You've got the reputation... :P 

Sorry everybody for the derailment.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Polarbear said:

I’m sure I’ve missed it along the way but what time does the band look to get really cranking tonight/early tmw? Have a delivery in Watertown tmw morning around 5am…

It starts near the Thruway tonight and then shifts north. You're going to end up driving through it at some point. It will be strong in the morning. 

8 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

It starts near the Thruway tonight and then shifts north. You're going to end up driving through it at some point. It will be strong in the morning. 

Ohhh yea I figured, I get to drive in plenty of them I just try to plan to miss as much or the worst of a band whenever I can. I just wasn’t sure when the 3”+ was going to get rolling as I could get going a little sooner Hope to be back to Syracuse and westbound by 6-630 if at all possible .

Thanks for the info!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Polarbear said:

Ohhh yea I figured, I get to drive in plenty of them I just try to plan to miss as much or the worst of a band whenever I can. I just wasn’t sure when the 3”+ was going to get rolling as I could get going a little sooner Hope to be back to Syracuse and westbound by 6-630 if at all possible .

Thanks for the info!

Any way you can go up through Oswego county and back during the afternoon? I think that will be the best time for you. The band is looking maybe to weaken a bit before it refires as the arctic front moves in.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sferic said:

@TugHillMatt Matt,

Can you tell me please when and why one would look at Kuchera numbers? 

k1.JPG

You look at Kuchera only when you're desperate, like you're rolling around in the gutter nursing the last few drops of gut rot out of that whiskey bottle in a brown bag next to your trailer down by the river. ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

45 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

The only time we get anywhere near 25:1 is with tea kettle snow. Typical LES is probably 16:1. Typical synoptic stuff is usually 8:1-12:1. It would be a bad idea to do any math based on 25:1. 

We had 20-28:1 with our recent LES around here off of L.O.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

You look at Kuchera only when you're desperate, like you're rolling around in the gutter nursing the last few drops of gut rot out of that whiskey bottle in a brown bag next to your trailer down by the river. ;)

Not for LES.  There is no current algorithm to account for LES that provides 25-40:1 ratios.