Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Hilarious forecast

LVwxHistorian

1 hour ago, Blue Moon said:

^ Somebody really needs to step up and ban this troll.

Yes...100% yes.

Personally, I think the forums should all have region specific moderators whom are knowledgeable about the weather and the geographical area, live in the region, are frequent contributors, and are generally respected by the members.

• Like 1

This thread is ridiculous! Nothing like someone pointing fingers at a Meteorologist for one quote in an article on a storm from 26 years ago. Why, what the hell was the point now?! I just could not respond anymore.  

Thank you to many of you for your support. 

• Like 8
  • Weenie 1

8 minutes ago, MGorse said:

This thread is ridiculous! Nothing like someone pointing fingers at a Meteorologist for one quote in an article on a storm from 26 years ago. Why, what the hell was the point now?! I just could not respond anymore.  

Thank you to many of you for your support. 

This one has a happy ending... your greatness was recognized...and Agnes had the perfect fairy tale ending: A troll thrown under the bridge on her birthday! 

1 minute ago, TugHillMatt said:

This one has a happy ending... your greatness was recognized...and Agnes had the perfect fairy tale ending: A troll thrown under the bridge on her birthday! 

Thanks. I was not expecting him to be put into a timeout, but maybe he will take that time to think about things before posting again. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MGorse said:

Happy Birthday! 

Thank you.  Do know that you are most appreciated here.  I am always supportive of your office.  I was a fed for 32 years before retiring almost 5 years ago and know first hand, about the abuse that feds often get thrown at them. We were, are, and always will be "regular folk" who have a mission of public service.

2 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

Little late to the party, Happy Birthday! Same age as my sister...well close enough, she'll be 60.

Thank you. Starting to get more and more creaky nowadays. :lol:   I know this is RedSky's fave -->  :oldman:

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Thank you.  Do know that you are most appreciated here.  I am always supportive of your office.  I was a fed for 32 years before retiring almost 5 years ago and know first hand, about the abuse that feds often get thrown at them. We were, are, and always will be "regular folk" who have a mission of public service.

Thank you. Starting to get more and more creaky nowadays. :lol:   I know this is RedSky's fave -->  :oldman:

Happy Birthday, Alice. From one who doesn't post much but who often gets hit by the Summer fronts at the same time!.  Lurking just to your Northeast.

May you have a long wait before you start creaking like me. B)  

12 hours ago, LVwxHistorian said:

I just reported you for swearing, what did you report me for?  Telling the truth?!!   

And to everyone else:  just because Gorse is a met doesn't mean you have to kiss his (what this guy just called me)!   What do you all do for a living?   Maybe you wanna improve yourselves instead of brown nosing him and attacking me!!  

It’s people like you that have the Mets leaving our board.  Get lost.  Can’t you see you are not welcomed here?

1 hour ago, stemwinder said:

Happy Birthday, Alice. From one who doesn't post much but who often gets hit by the Summer fronts at the same time!.  Lurking just to your Northeast.

May you have a long wait before you start creaking like me. B)  

Thank you - I have read your historical background posts and appreciated  your check-ins. :)  And yeah, just getting started with the creaks.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Thank you - I have read your historical background posts and appreciated  your check-ins. :)  And yeah, just getting started with the creaks.

On 1/9/2022 at 6:56 PM, Hurricane Agnes said:

Thank you.  I should get me some of that PA Dutch Eggnog that I have left in the fridge. :thumbsup:

Happy Belated Birthday!! I hope it was a great one!! Paul

Happy Belated Birthday Agnes!  I am only a few months in to this decade and so far so good!   

If I remember '96 correctly it was a Sunday storm and the Birds were playing the boys.  if that's the storm, I distinctly remember being out on Saturday and it was all over the radio that it was coming.  When I got home I moved some things and backed the car in the garage. Still was time to prepare, so yeah a ridiculous thread.  Mets get it right way more than wrong and actually just like football, adjustments are made as the game is being played.  

On 1/9/2022 at 9:22 PM, JTA66 said:

We’re a pretty laidback forum, but one thing that will get us swarming like hornets is attacking our Mount Holly mets.

On 1/9/2022 at 10:09 PM, hazwoper said:

It’s people like you that have the Mets leaving our board.  Get lost.  Can’t you see you are not welcomed here?

I sort of rounded up the Upstate NY crew to come over here and "put this guy in his place." We have very few Mets in our subforum and I would prefer to keep them...and am sure you guys feel the same. Glad our subs could collaborate for a better Americanwx!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Weenie 1

13 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

I sort of rounded up the Upstate NY crew to come over here and "put this guy in his place." We have very few Mets in our subforum and I would prefer to keep them...and am sure you guys feel the same. Glad our subs could collaborate for a better Americanwx!

Yes, I noticed the reinforcements from your forum. Thanks for helping us squash that cockroach!  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Lady Di said:

Happy Belated Birthday Agnes!  I am only a few months in to this decade and so far so good!   

If I remember '96 correctly it was a Sunday storm and the Birds were playing the boys.  if that's the storm, I distinctly remember being out on Saturday and it was all over the radio that it was coming.  When I got home I moved some things and backed the car in the garage. Still was time to prepare, so yeah a ridiculous thread.  Mets get it right way more than wrong and actually just like football, adjustments are made as the game is being played.  

Thank you - I was living in a high-rise apartment at the time and didn't have garage access then for my car, so it was out in the lot. I was just happy to have parked in the perfect spot in the lot (on the SW side of the building), where the building blocked most of the snow from drifting along that side. And since it was so powdery (I remember in this area, the temps were in the low 20s through the 2-day duration of the event), probably 95% of it had blown right off my car, and I only had some powder on the front bumper that I brushed off in a few minutes. :thumbsup: People parked on the other side had their cars buried.

It was all over by my birthday (sunny and cold like today), when I finally emerged to do the "french toast run" (milk, bread, eggs) that I laughed off about doing before the storm.  :lol: Luckily I was a couple blocks from the supermarket and rolled my portable shopping cart down the middle of the street, with 6 foot banks of snow on each side, having to navigate around a car that was abandoned and buried right where it stalled out on the street after the driver was unable to get it out.

2 hours ago, Mikeymac5306 said:

Happy Belated Birthday Agnes!  

Thank you!!!

1 hour ago, BBasile said:

Had no idea that person was here to be a tool.  Thought he was messing around until the clown attacks started on the mets.  I never see any D-Baggery like that around here.  Glad he got the double punt.  

I read the thread where he trolled Paul and Paul was being generous in time and patience researching the data to address what devolved into OTT nonsense being spewed about some of the old snow reports by a long-time spotter in Chester County. At that point, the trollery had already escalated into complete idiocy.

• Like 4

Thank you for taking action.  I was completely embarrassed to admit I am from the Lehigh Valley while reading this person's comments and posts.  I am usually a lurker and use this site to learn from the comments posted by the professionals (like Dean and Mike), but smart enough to know this guy was just trouble.  I can now come back and continue to learn. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Weenie 1