Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Hilarious forecast

LVwxHistorian

1 hour ago, TugHillMatt said:

Nope, because I didn't realize it was an official debate that required such. I was joining what I thought was a casual conversation and was sharing my observations and experience as a weather fan. I didn't know diddly about you, your interactions, or the snow ruler you obviously have jammed up your butt. Perhaps join the debate team at your school and if they don't have one, start one so you can beat :weenie:s with one another.

This is single-handedly the funniest thing I have ever read on this entire forum. Bravo.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, DeltaT13 said:

The whole premise of this thread is ridiculous. So what, a snowfall forecast was missed for a couple cities on the east coast during a Nor’easter. Missing the position of the coastal front by a couple miles can happen, which sometimes unfortunately affects millions of people.  But there were also thousands of accurate forecasts for that event, probably close to 80-90 percent verified. So why bother pointing out the the few that failed, especially in a snowstorm where a missed snowfall amount rarely results in any significant loss of life. 

The fact that you can’t figure this out right now, as a supposed Met student working towards a masters and after ruminating on it for 26; years tells me you don’t have the common sense or intelligence to succeed in this field. Stick to the drive through window….you obnoxious troll. 

The topic is ridiculous??    What's ridiculous is the forecast!!!   And in all the attacks and name calling, I still haven't gotten an answer to my question:  why did this guy stick his foot so far in his mouth?!!  

Sure you guys can really nail those high temperature forecasts but when it comes to something important, :o529-5294629_thumb-signal-emoji-smiley-clip-art-emoji-thumbs.thumb.png.71f12f3bd61e01ecf9b0922b19b688c0.png

• Weenie 1

24 minutes ago, LVwxHistorian said:

The topic is ridiculous??    What's ridiculous is the forecast!!!   And in all the attacks and name calling, I still haven't gotten an answer to my question:  why did this guy stick his foot so far in his mouth?!!  

Sure you guys can really nail those high temperature forecasts but when it comes to something important, :o529-5294629_thumb-signal-emoji-smiley-clip-art-emoji-thumbs.thumb.png.71f12f3bd61e01ecf9b0922b19b688c0.png

Again, you can’t figure this out yourself and you’re studying to be a meteorologist?  As a meteorologist, you don’t get to tell the public hey I really don’t have a lot of confidence in my forecast. You have to make a tough call and then stick to it. That’s why it’s a hard profession. I can just see you in a few years standing up there and telling the public “I really don’t know what’s going to happen tomorrow”, I’m sure you’ll be employed for a long time.  Smarten up. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, LVwxHistorian said:

Wow what's the hostility for?!  I'm just trying to engender a spirited debate, there's no need for personal attacks, obviously none of you were debaters in high school!  And I haven't called anyone a name.  

I've already explained why I posted this:  to understand why someone would make such a confident forecast with such a powerful storm so close, since I plan to be in that position one day.

Gosh, what sensitive weenies you all are!!  

PS If you got a problem, report my posts -- I did yours!

Sorry...just popping in...you are not-for-long...

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

Again, you can’t figure this out yourself and you’re studying to be a meteorologist?  As a meteorologist, you don’t get to tell the public hey I really don’t have a lot of confidence in my forecast. You have to make a tough call and then stick to it. That’s why it’s a hard profession. I can just see you in a few years standing up there and telling the public “I really don’t know what’s going to happen tomorrow”, I’m sure you’ll be employed for a long time.  Smarten up. 

Uhh ... so what's wrong with saying   "It's still too early to tell if this will go out to sea or head up the coast"?!!       It seems like a no-brainer to me!!

• Weenie 1

9 minutes ago, buckeyefan1 said:

LV is in timeout rethinking his posting habits. Now back to your regular scheduled program. 

Thank you.

6 minutes ago, CoolHandMike said:

Happy Birthday!

5 minutes ago, KamuSnow said:

Happy birthday to you!!!

Thank you guys too!  Best birthday present.  A troll be in timeout. :thumbsup:

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, penndotguy said:

Thanks Buckeye, let’s make it a permanent timeout the banter was getting ridiculous. This sub form is great cause we usually don’t have the controversy.  

Please let us know if he continues to be a jackass when he returns. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1