Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Hilarious forecast

LVwxHistorian

21 minutes ago, MGorse said:

And you should improve your reading comprehension. Wow, just wow!! 

It's funny, first you admit that you guys botched it and then you backslide and blame the poor lady reporter for just doing her job -- really sad.   Especially for a government employee who gets paid $100,000 a year to do what he loves and then says he doesn't get paid that much.  

Seems like you're having some trouble with the truth

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Weenie 2

1 minute ago, LVwxHistorian said:

It's funny, first you admit that you guys botched it and then you backslide and blame the poor lady reporter for just doing her job -- really sad.   Especially for a government employee who gets paid $100,000 a year to do what he loves and then says he doesn't get paid that much.  

Seems like you're having some trouble with the truth

First of all,  I was not blaming that particular reporter. Read above! Secondly, you completely ignored my own and some of my coworkers experience with some reporters where the quotes in some articles were not correct. And yeah my salary is good but I am not rolling in millions here. Me being a government employee has nothing to do with this. I have my own opinions which I can post here. 

So are going to dig deeper on this one article from a weather event that took place 26 years ago? 

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, MGorse said:

First of all,  I was not blaming that particular reporter. Read above! Secondly, you completely ignored my own and some of my coworkers experience with some reporters where the quotes in some articles were not correct. And yeah my salary is good but I am not rolling in millions here. Me being a government employee has nothing to do with this. I have my own opinions which I can post here. 

So are going to dig deeper on this one article from a weather event that took place 26 years ago? 

I never said you made millions!!   But 100k is certainly above average income for doing something you like, and really not having to be too accurate either, LOL!!

I guess that's why I want to get into too!!    I've studied other things like advanced math and physics where you have to be far more precise

• Confused 1
  • Weenie 2

4 hours ago, MGorse said:

Mike,

This poster is obviously a total loser.  Please don't get suckered in to his trolling. You and your colleagues  do a fantastic job.

• Like 10

4 hours ago, MGorse said:

Hi Mike,

I am so embarrassed that we have someone like LV Historian on this or any site. It was pretty clear early on he is the epitome of a troll. A true professional like you and all of the METS at the Mount Holly and surrounding offices have an incredibly difficult job and no matter what any troll may say is always and I mean always the #1 source of accurate unbiased and unweenified forecasts for this and any area!! Please ignore trolls like LV - I am hopeful the admins here will ban him and let's continue to appreciate the weather insights true professionals like you contribute to this site!! Thanks Mike for all you do!!

• Like 8
  • Weenie 1

4 hours ago, LVwxHistorian said:

I never said you made millions!!   But 100k is certainly above average income for doing something you like, and really not having to be too accurate either, LOL!!

I guess that's why I want to get into too!!    I've studied other things like advanced math and physics where you have to be far more precise

I strongly suspected you were a troll early on....now we all know it - now go away and crawl back into the crevice from which you came!! Where are the admins to ban him? Thanks!! Paul

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ChescoWx said:

I strongly suspected you were a troll early on....now we all know it - now go away and crawl back into the crevice from which you came!! Where are the admins to ban him? Thanks!! Paul

Mods/Admins lost directions to this subforum years ago (which is fine by me). The only one who makes a yearly appearance is Rjay asking/poll if we should merge with the NY subforum which gets shot down everytime... 

26F

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 1/7/2022 at 4:48 PM, Albedoman said:

What ever happened to trusting Mt Holly and the NWS?  If I was running the show at MC, I would have direct links to the Mt Holly site from the MC site and to all of my subscribers and encourage these subscribers  to use those links in order to  have constant weather warning updates. I would make my reporters read and request help from the pro's at Mt Holly to understand the weather discussion, especially for each posted storm synopsis .

I don't think the average "Joe or Jane" Morning Call reader cares THAT MUCH to be clicking on NWS links for weather info. 

On 1/7/2022 at 4:29 PM, LVwxHistorian said:

I mean I can see how they botched the Blizzard of 1888 forecast, but 1996 -- the day before!! Come on!!!!!!

The interview referenced in the article was the day before it was published, so actually 2 days before the storm.

Here is a link to a post storm analysis done by the NWS which is pretty interesting and informative:

https://web.archive.org/web/20160826045414/http://www.nws.noaa.gov/om/assessments/pdfs/bz-mrg.pdf

• Like 1

Wow what's the hostility for?!  I'm just trying to engender a spirited debate, there's no need for personal attacks, obviously none of you were debaters in high school!  And I haven't called anyone a name.  

I've already explained why I posted this:  to understand why someone would make such a confident forecast with such a powerful storm so close, since I plan to be in that position one day.

Gosh, what sensitive weenies you all are!!  

PS If you got a problem, report my posts -- I did yours!

• Haha 2
  • Weenie 1

40 minutes ago, LVwxHistorian said:

Wow what's the hostility for?!  I'm just trying to engender a spirited debate, there's no need for personal attacks, obviously none of you were debaters in high school!  And I haven't called anyone a name.  

I've already explained why I posted this:  to understand why someone would make such a confident forecast with such a powerful storm so close, since I plan to be in that position one day.

Tool….

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, Voyager said:

I don't think the average "Joe or Jane" Morning Call reader cares THAT MUCH to be clicking on NWS links for weather info. 

I wish you were right but so many do click. Look at all of the BS ads they sell in the paper.  If I said you coudl make a 30 dollars an hour clicking on my website, they would do or if MC offered some other gimmick.  Its a real shame.

2 hours ago, LVwxHistorian said:

Holy moly . I would never challenge a pro like Mike Gorse unless you sat in his seat for 20+ years at NOAA especially publically on this site.  Sir, you have go a lot to learn if you ever want to have people listen and agree with your weather forecast ability.  Its called respect. I have just one simple quote for you on what others think of you now:  You are like a cloud. When you disappear it’s a beautiful day.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Weenie 1

2 hours ago, LVwxHistorian said:

I get it, sometimes forecasts even ones made by experienced meteorologists bust. Most forecasts had my area getting 3-6/4-8, and my area ended up with a foot. I used to think like you, it seems so easy, meteorologists get paid a lot of money just to be wrong. However, if you look into why and how they end up being wrong, all it takes is one little thing here, there ect and boom the low is 25 miles farther west than expected and the forecast ends up busting. That is within the range of error for model guidance even just a couple days out, and being only that little off in the track of the low is pretty good for 2 days out, but that’s just how the weather works, even 10 miles could be the difference between a few inches and a foot of snow. Im not a met and tried forecasting a few times for fun, and I was way way off. Making forecasts is extremely difficult with almost no room for error, so busts are going to happen. It’s like hitting in baseball, even the best hitters in the league fail 7/10 times! Criticizing meteorologists for busting often and saying they suck, anyone can do it ect is like criticizing the best hitters in the MLB for making an out over half the time. If you do that, you are drastically underestimating how difficult their professions are.

• Like 2

Don't worry about it, Philly guys. I remember reading (after he berated somebody for not giving their EXACT location) that he lives in Arizona.

Boy, that's a tough place to be a meteorologist......

Perhaps someone can challenge that "spirited forecast" of Sunny and 100 every day. "It only hit 99 today and I saw A cumulus cloud...somewhere. You suck at weather!"

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, LVwxHistorian said:

I’ve reported your troll ass….. I’ve been here much longer than you.   You’re beyond worthless.

• Like 1
  • Weenie 2

On 1/7/2022 at 4:46 PM, LVwxHistorian said:

Actually, I'm getting a masters in ATMO right now!!  And want to be a forecaster, so I'm telling you what I would have said, and what every good forecaster should say, instead of painting yourself into a corner.   And they make very good $$, 70 to 100k  

Their forecasts are very important, for commerce, people in general.  People lost their lives directly because of this botched forecast!!!  What are you talking about?!!

Son….trolling doesn’t pay much. 

Earn literally dozens of $$$ using this one simple trick.  Real meteorologists will h8te u!!!

7 hours ago, NJHurricane said:

I’ve reported your troll ass….. I’ve been here much longer than you.   You’re beyond worthless.

I just reported you for swearing, what did you report me for?  Telling the truth?!!   

And to everyone else:  just because Gorse is a met doesn't mean you have to kiss his (what this guy just called me)!   What do you all do for a living?   Maybe you wanna improve yourselves instead of brown nosing him and attacking me!!  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Weenie 2

8 hours ago, TugHillMatt said:

Don't worry about it, Philly guys. I remember reading (after he berated somebody for not giving their EXACT location) that he lives in Arizona.

Boy, that's a tough place to be a meteorologist......

Perhaps someone can challenge that "spirited forecast" of Sunny and 100 every day. "It only hit 99 today and I saw A cumulus cloud...somewhere. You suck at weather!"

If you had read more closely you would see that I go to school here

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

4 minutes ago, LVwxHistorian said:

I just reported you for swearing, what did you report me for?  Telling the truth?!!   

And to everyone else:  just because Gorse is a met doesn't mean you have to kiss his (what this guy just called me)!   What do you all do for a living?   Maybe you wanna improve yourselves instead of brown nosing him and attacking me!!  

And maybe try posting some meaningful content like I have!

• Weenie 1

3 minutes ago, LVwxHistorian said:

If you had read more closely you would see that I go to school here

And?? I am sure you study local climatology and patterns for that area.

I don't know if you are a troll or just extremely anal retentive...but you could use some schooling on tact and online social interactions.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

And?? I am sure you study local climatology and patterns for that area.

I don't know if you are a troll or just extremely anal retentive...but you could use some schooling on tact and online social interactions.

Well rudeMatt, if you must know, I'm getting a masters in ATMO

tenor.gif.51d4a1ff7b623a4e8e601112b6b43969.gif

• Haha 2
  • Weenie 1

33 minutes ago, LVwxHistorian said:

Having a pro met who's willing to post his thoughts on a public message board is an extremely valuable asset for all of us. What you are doing has driven many of them off this board as they (rightfully so I might add) figure it's not worth the effort to post and have to defend themselves from trolls like you.

Mike, I personally want to thank you for all you do here with your thoughts and analysis. It's greatly appreciated!

23 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

Exactly.!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, LVwxHistorian said:

Well rudeMatt, if you must know, I'm getting a masters in ATMO

tenor.gif.51d4a1ff7b623a4e8e601112b6b43969.gif

Lol, actually I am not. You set that precedent of rudeness when I was just casually discussing my observations of snowfall at my grandparents' house in Chester county growing up and you told me nobody asked me and to basically not bother being a part of the conversation. That, and observing your general nature of arrogance in everything you post with others and a professional met on here. You don't have to "brownnose* but you CAN converse with TACT.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TugHillMatt said:

Lol, actually I am not. You set that precedent of rudeness when I was just casually discussing my observations of snowfall at my grandparents' house in Chester county growing up and you told me nobody asked me and to basically not bother being a part of the conversation. That, and observing your general nature of arrogance in everything you post with others and a professional met on here. You don't have to "brownnose* but you CAN converse with TACT.

Yes because you talking in generalities and we were discussing specific observations.   Everybody knows that higher elevations get more snow and banding occurs.

Did you even look at the data we were talking about before chiming in?!

• Weenie 2

1 hour ago, LVwxHistorian said:

Yes because you talking in generalities and we were discussing specific observations.   Everybody knows that higher elevations get more snow and banding occurs.

Did you even look at the data we were talking about before chiming in?!

Nope, because I didn't realize it was an official debate that required such. I was joining what I thought was a casual conversation and was sharing my observations and experience as a weather fan. I didn't know diddly about you, your interactions, or the snow ruler you obviously have jammed up your butt. Perhaps join the debate team at your school and if they don't have one, start one so you can beat :weenie:s with one another.

• Haha 5

The whole premise of this thread is ridiculous. So what, a snowfall forecast was missed for a couple cities on the east coast during a Nor’easter. Missing the position of the coastal front by a couple miles can happen, which sometimes unfortunately affects millions of people.  But there were also thousands of accurate forecasts for that event, probably close to 80-90 percent verified. So why bother pointing out the the few that failed, especially in a snowstorm where a missed snowfall amount rarely results in any significant loss of life. 

The fact that you can’t figure this out right now, as a supposed Met student working towards a masters and after ruminating on it for 26 years; tells me you don’t have the common sense or intelligence to succeed in this field. Stick to the drive through window….you obnoxious troll. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1