Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Jan 7 Two-Headed Coastal Obs

40/70 Benchmark

33 minutes ago, codfishsnowman said:

4.3 final.... definitely not powder or arctic sand, just reg snow and we only lost about half an inch since yesterday so it def had a little water in it

It is amazing how well the places who crushed yesterday crushed so many other times in recent years. Kinda agree with 40/70 on this

We are a band, perhaps you could join together with the band....

Finished with 6” here. Not as good as it could’ve been but had to take one for the team so you guys could get your snow. R/S line crossed my area a few times so afternoon snow was mash potatoes. Did have thundersnow so that was a highlight. Dryslotted for a few hours with drizzle then flashed back to snow for the overnight. Most of the snow fell then. Sting was worse than the bite.

#NovaScotiaStrong

24 minutes ago, Hazey said:

Finished with 6” here. Not as good as it could’ve been but had to take one for the team so you guys could get your snow. R/S line crossed my area a few times so afternoon snow was mash potatoes. Did have thundersnow so that was a highlight. Dryslotted for a few hours with drizzle then flashed back to snow for the overnight. Most of the snow fell then. Sting was worse than the bite.

#NovaScotiaStrong

Probably the north side of Fundy did a lot better.  Several Maine sites near the NB border reported over a foot. 

#NovaScotiaStrong
In laws out on Cape Breton (Lake Ainslie) got it good. Huge winds and no power right now. Luckily they have a generator.

10 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

Yeah I know a meteorologist there. I think he had about 6” where he lives. Cool town though.

On your average snowfall, you can add an inch for every town further away from the ocean.

If Newport gets 3, Middletown gets 4, Portsmouth gets 5, bristol gets 6, Warren gets 7. The snowstorms that don't obey this rule are my favorite. There has been one of significance in the last decade here. We got 13, Barrington got like 3 inches. Those were the day. 

Sometimes I've seen triple the snow just from the south end of Newport to the north.

Anyhow, two days of sledding, we made it count, bare grass incoming tomorrow.

21 minutes ago, Hoth said:

I was a hair under 11" when I left for work, but that was before the accumulating snow ended. Guessing 12", but it had compacted quite a bit by the time I got home.

damn i wish you had an official report, it seemed like it would have backed my 11.1. I'm on the Hamden boarder, within less 0.5miles. I haven't seen any reports around North Haven that are +/- 11". A hair under 11" seems spot on for what i got.

• Like 1

On 1/8/2022 at 2:21 PM, Hazey said:

#NovaScotiaStrong

On 1/8/2022 at 2:47 PM, tamarack said:

Probably the north side of Fundy did a lot better.  Several Maine sites near the NB border reported over a foot. 

Down East, Maine cabin:

Despite blizzard conditions not materializing, we did end up with ~12” (~20”ytd from 4 “significant” events…many dusting type events not included)!

4892B6E1-0D35-4DB5-B06A-18C8F5E6751A.jpeg