Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Jan 7 Two-Headed Coastal Obs

40/70 Benchmark

11 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

How is the consistency of the snow for you all? Is it true champagne? Mine is fluffy, but sitcky...might be a hair wetter than what some of you have. Looks great for now on the trees, I know the wind picks up later.

Fatties are back now.

It also makes sense.  It's frigid aloft but surface running right around 30-32F over eastern areas.

17 minutes ago, Thunderblizzard said:

9.2" of feathers here in Southington. @The 4 Seasons

Congrats on the 12"+ those who got it... impressive.

Great storm for us CT folks. I measured right about 9” too. Looks absolutely gorgeous. Great for the ski area..happy for them. They’re gonna love this…nothing like a free big dump of snow from Mother Nature, to get them going. 

10 minutes ago, White Rain said:

The snow here is suprisingly dense. Not fluff at all. Kids could made some nice snowballs actually. 27.3 which is the warmest its been, so im surprised. 

It's not real high ratio stuff here either. We never got into the real good snowgrowth in that band. Purely a guess, but I'd probably say 12:1 type stuff. Probably end up around 5ish total

1 hour ago, JC-CT said:

Wow, congrats.

43 minutes ago, MRVexpat said:

Just shy of 10" in Cambridgeport after some compaction. This is for sure beautiful, but would rather have it up in ski country. Gonna be depressing driving to a nearly snowless Sugarbush tonight. At least the powderhound loves it!

thumbnail.jpg

Awesome dog/pic. Our boxer loves it too:

R5Sgtrq.jpg

EnXY4oe.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, TheSnowman said:

I’m not at All Trying to Jack Jerry, but when I wake up at 5”, and Everyone who’s East of Me where the storm started AFTER me has 8”, and Foxboro who’s 12 minutes from me in the Same Line of the band has 10” when I have 6”??  That’s absurd.  

And TO that, I’m in Foxboro right now.  They have 9.5”.  The “10 Inches at 7am” AS I said was complete BS.  They would have 13” by now if so.  They’ve got the same as NE RI.  

Getting a Foot to me is a Big big deal.  And I keep missing out on So many storms where those around me get 12”.  Starting with March 2017 when I Spent $700 and Flew home early from the Netherlands for 9” of glop.  

God please kill me 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheSnowman said:

I’m not at All Trying to Jack Jerry, but when I wake up at 5”, and Everyone who’s East of Me where the storm started AFTER me has 8”, and Foxboro who’s 12 minutes from me in the Same Line of the band has 10” when I have 6”??  That’s absurd.  

And TO that, I’m in Foxboro right now.  They have 9.5”.  The “10 Inches at 7am” AS I said was complete BS.  They would have 13” by now if so.  They’ve got the same as NE RI.  

Getting a Foot to me is a Big big deal.  And I keep missing out on So many storms where those around me get 12”.  Starting with March 2017 when I Spent $700 and Flew home early from the Netherlands for 9” of glop.  

lol...Cory

3 minutes ago, DotRat_Wx said:

We definitely have at or above a foot. I had to step away. I'm not quite sure what the total is. I'm stuck inside until at least 3p. 

What a great storm big Jay.  Great for you guys to be in double digits. We got a lil over 9” here.  These positive busts are so much fun.