• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 7 Two-Headed Coastal Obs

40/70 Benchmark

I actually did call out of my 4-9pm shift. I’m just a cart pusher in retail…. And it’s a 40 mile drive there. (Pay is OK tho). I realize things might be slightly better in the afternoon, it will be worse tonight after dark again in some spots.

I do not own a shovel, which I guess I should get…. But I never thought of the fact that when they plow they bury your car into its spot.

Ill have to get out eventually and this isn’t going to melt. I will dig this afternoon and by tomorrow morning roads will be in better shape.

im not getting myself killed driving across the state for 80 bucks.

• Like 1

Just now, TheSnowman said:

I am out for a drive.  Roads are Gorgeous (also a definition for Horrible for the non-weather folk), as I gave up in my area.  

but Ray is getting THE MOST Screwed??  3”??  I thought my 8.5” was Horrendous.  

you really thought 8.5" was horrendous?

• Haha 2

Just now, CoastalWx said:

Can't account for micro nuances like that though. I think the trend E was real and things just materialized a little south.

Can it account for micro several year periods of 20% or greater snowfall deficits? Ir is there a line of bullshit to account for that?

1 minute ago, Henry's Weather said:

What would you call this phenomenon of general intensification and congealing?

It's probably enhancement from weak inflow at the 850-900 level getting going. It's not anything  huge, but even 25 knots of inflow will glide over the top and help this out as it exits.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

You should have a few more hours so maybe hit 5"?  I'm hoping to hit 3" here.

Our latitude was not our friend in this one.  RT 2 corridor and North has some catching up to do this winter.

Latitude is never a friend here, it's just a matter of which assailant bends you over on the tool shed...north, or south. It has been north all season, now big daddy south taking a rip.

Nothing better than enjoying this winter wonderland with my one year old... sheer magic.

Boston metro area (and immediate suburbs including Brookline) probably ends up 10-14"

Kudos to all the mets and vets (including myself) who recognized that the quorum of OTS / whiff guidance was discordant with synoptics. And yes, Tip has a knack for starting long-range threads that materialize as big events.

• Like 4

Just now, wxsniss said:

Nothing better than enjoying this winter wonderland with my one year old... sheer magic.

Boston metro area (and immediate suburbs including Brookline) probably ends up 10-14"

Kudos to all the mets and vets (including myself) who recognized that the quorum of OTS / whiff guidance was discordant with synoptics. And yes, Tip has a knack for starting long-range threads that materialize as big events.

Yes, Tip starting the thread is usually good luck, IMO.

4 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

You should have a few more hours so maybe hit 5"?  I'm hoping to hit 3" here.

Our latitude was not our friend in this one.  RT 2 corridor and North has some catching up to do this winter.

4 minutes ago, TheSnowman said:

I am out for a drive.  Roads are Gorgeous (also a definition for Horrible for the non-weather folk), as I gave up in my area.  

but Ray is getting THE MOST Screwed??  3”??  I thought my 8.5” was Horrendous.  

This is why I didn't bother getting up any earlier....I just knew it. I've become the regional New Yoork Jets of snowfall.