• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 7 Two-Headed Coastal Obs

40/70 Benchmark

Max and jackpot zone have been hammered by models for days just south of me and a touch west. But there are definitely some absolute question marks with how this develops later on. 

If this consolidates into a much bigger storm to end, we're talking a different type of storm here... A lot more hours of snow to go. 

6 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

You’d prob have a shade more in Southborough too since you were flirting with the northern part of that band more than he was. I’ve been in it for almost an hour now and it’s just crushing. 

Yeah--it's dumping here.  Hopefully it will get brighter before it lightens up.

This mid level fronto band stretches from BOS to the Delmarva. 

The city never sees mid level magic like this. I have no recollection of this ever happening. The big ones we are usually ccb and the band is NW. This is more the kind of dead wind, ridiculously efficient accumulation you see in the berks and where they bury the bodies. 

This is going to be a apecial one for a huge population. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, UnitedWx said:

4.5 Inches at my shop in Simsbury, coming down nicely! 25 degrees. How's that convection doing?:D

It's doing pretty well actually. You can see the enhancement in SE mass as Will alluded to. The globals will probably do pretty decently with qpf. We are just like 20+ to 1 ratios.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kdxken said:

What are you guesstimating you have in Holliston? I think you're in a pretty good spot.

Will you're in Holliston?  I thought you were back in Worcester.  If I had 5 miles less latitude I'd be consistently in the band.  Instead I'm flirting with the northern edge.  It's coming down hard, but I'm sure if I head just south it's incredible.

Short term update as many are doing. Ratios are extremely high. Won't be using for verification obviously. I've always made it a rule to use the "final call" for verification which is the latest possible map for any snow starts falling, probably the same as with what 40/70 does.

I'm for sure well over 10" now and its still ripping.

01_06.22_jdj_snowfall_forecast_update_2.thumb.jpg.9c702762d36b35cbee20b2f442aed79b.jpg

• Like 4

Just now, moneypitmike said:

Will you're in Holliston?  I thought you were back in Worcester.  If I had 5 miles less latitude I'd be consistently in the band.  Instead I'm flirting with the northern edge.  It's coming down hard, but I'm sure if I head just south it's incredible.

No I’m in Holliston. Pounding here right now. I’ll be in ORH later today actually. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The 4 Seasons said:

Short term update as many are doing. Ratios are extremely high. Won't be using for verification obviously. I've always made it a rule to use the "final call" for verification which is the latest possible map for any snow starts falling, probably the same as with what 40/70 does.

I'm for sure well over 10" now and its still ripping.

01_06.22_jdj_snowfall_forecast_update_2.thumb.jpg.9c702762d36b35cbee20b2f442aed79b.jpg

The radar looks incredible to the south. I'll be at a foot here in Branford within the hour. This band has not moved at all. 

Screenshot-20220107-062138-Radar-Scope.j