• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
OBS and nowcast for a widespread 2-6" event significant impact event, mainly midnight-Noon Friday morning January 7, 2022

wdrag

Hope everyone is happy... it is beautiful. Nothing for me to add today-you have it covered. Overall thread works with ending times, and post event scattered snow showers or flurries as the sharpening 5H trough passes through this afternoon. Wantage Nj at least 1.5" but I95 corridor has bounty!! Yay!

New ICE thread starts by 630AM for Sunday to include NYC. 

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, BxSnowWx37 said:

We kinda lucked out in a few bands,6 is def in play. Parts of CT are near a foot..I don't think any model had that much snow for them and even us tbh and it's still snowing. Lol

That's years of warming Atlantic waters amping up the moisture content.

And this is a rather disjointed & relatively weak fast moving coastal.

Next time a strong consolidated miller A/B storm occurs many places will easily see 2 feet. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

Next time a strong consolidated miller A/B storm occurs many places will easily see 2 feet. 

You are right with the above average sst's its really not hard to squeeze out alot of moisture esp when cold air is around. Clashes make for alot of snow lol..btw we might get a ivt feature developing behind this band..enhancing the backend snows so it's not over yet. Let's see if we make a run at 7+ inches.its still snowing hard atm..:thumbsup:

Just now, Nibor said:

5ug4rdD.png

This band means business

What it doesn't show is that behind that band its still puking snow,and enhancement is ongoing with the backend snows due to a ivt feature associated with a dying low in canada.. we are gonna be in for a couple of more hours of moderate to heavy snow.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

As we have seen numerous times in the last two decades in many areas of this sub forum.

58 minutes ago, RU848789 said:

As of 5:00 am, we're up to 3.5", but wth only 3/4" the last hour; 27F still.  Snowing moderately to heavily with larger flakes again.  Should at least get to 4", but not sure about my 4.75" prediction.  Great storm so far!  

Holy crap it poured snow most of the last hour, so as of 6:00 am, we're up to 5.0" of snow OTG, meaning we got 1.5" of snow in the past hour!  Actually exceeded my prediction of 4.75", which I thought was a bit too optimistic, as the NWS had me for 4.2".  We just backed off to moderate snow and that might have been the last of the heavy snow bands for us.  Still 27F.  

• Like 2

Just now, BxSnowWx37 said:

Yeah so nyc is ranging from 5 to prob 8 inches in some spots by now..keep in mind it's still Coming down. Here in the bronx I know for a fact we have 7 prob closer to 8.. the way its been snowing for the last 2 hours..

Won't be surprised if they upgrade to warning even as it winds down 

• Thanks 1