• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
OBS and nowcast for a widespread 2-6" event significant impact event, mainly midnight-Noon Friday morning January 7, 2022

wdrag

8 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

Stop being ridiculous. The event is just getting started. And BTW I’m deleting all the posts about “frustrated”, “South Shore sucks”, already crying bust, bickering etc. Grow up. 

The south shore does suck for snow. But this one has a great wind direction out of the NNE so despite water temps being in the mid 40s near shore it wilL not matter.

snowing nicely uws. Expecting 4” here and 6@ at home on the SS

• Like 1

Just now, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

The south shore does suck for snow. But this one has a great wind direction out of the NNE so despite water temps being in the mid 40s near shore it wilL not matter.

snowing nicely uws. Expecting 4” here and 6@ at home on the SS

I know as well as anyone how much it sucks for snow having grown up there lol. But we have a banter thread for that and this is just the start for the event. It’ll cool down once the intensity goes up. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, RU848789 said:

And coming down lightly to moderately already with a light dusting on the ground and 31F.  Pretty flakes - very nice dendrites - should be good ratio snow...

Quickly up to moderate snow here now and a solid 1/4" on the ground.  Gonna be a fun night, especially since I bought a new 5000 lumens portable spotlight, which I put in the backyard aimed kind of at our house and it's working great for me to see the falling snowflakes from my recliner, instead of having to get up and look at the snow falling in the street lights - only took me 29 years to get one, lol.  

19 minutes ago, RU848789 said:

Quickly up to moderate snow here now and a solid 1/4" on the ground.  Gonna be a fun night, especially since I bought a new 5000 lumens portable spotlight, which I put in the backyard aimed kind of at our house and it's working great for me to see the falling snowflakes from my recliner, instead of having to get up and look at the snow falling in the street lights - only took me 29 years to get one, lol.  

As of 2:00 am, measured 1/4" on the ground (the comment above was eyeballed).  Temp dropped from 31 to 28F over the last 20 minutes with the snow falling and cooling the column. Snow is fairly dry and is a mix of small and medium dendrites (plates mostly).  

• Like 1