Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Jan 6/7 "Event" and obs

stormtracker

23 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Windy with blowing snow on 25 MPH winds out here in Winchester. My snowboard is pretty much cleaned off by the wind. Measured 5.3 on my car. So I am going with that. Probably had more if I had measured throughout the night. Just a perfect winter day out. 

You still getting some snow? Been off and on with flurries here

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Kmlwx said:

Looks like a 4" total here in Colesville, MD. Perhaps some compaction. Very happy with the result given some of the modeling of that screw zone. Nice fluffy - easy to shovel snow. Pretty!

Looks about the same on my deck on the north side of Colesville, near New Hampshire Ave and the ICC.

• Like 1

Went to bed around 1:15 when it started to pickup. Looking through the cameras overnight it tapered off around 3:45 or so. 2.5 inches roughly in Gainesville, roads look like less, but on top of what we already had was pretty to wake up to. Some wind and blowing snow happening now. 

16 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Good job young man. This is how snow obs should be done .. a pic with a ruler.

Thank you, used the rail of the deck which probably got som blown off, snowboard which had the other problem of getting snow blown on says 4.5 inches of snow. Going to go with 4.3-4.4 total

9 hours ago, nj2va said:

35/25 here.  Trying to stay up for first flakes but not sure I’ll make it.  :poster_oops:

I did not make it past the time you posted that last evening.  :D  Beautiful sights this morning, though, with a fresh 2.5" and blowing snow with intermittent sun. Currently 27, and I'm surprised to read that we're not forecast to go much higher than that today.

• Like 1