Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 6/7 "Event" and obs

stormtracker

7 minutes ago, Steve25 said:

Now we do 4 out of 5 very cold days(with a sloppy Sunday in-between)

Yep! Looks like cold, broken by being on the warm side of the Sunday storm, into some days of normal temps in the 40’s before the pattern/cold reloads late next weekend as the MLK day storm forms. 

The 17th-30th has the potential to be an incredible period if the chips fall correctly. 00z Gfs was one of the weeniest runs I’ve ever seen. EPS mean looks tasty as well. Going to be a fun few weeks of tracking  

• Like 2

28.5 with moderate snow here currently. I'm guessing it started after 1am. Decided not to lose sleep over this one after the big storm earlier in the week lol.

Pretty out there, looks like 2" so far just eyeballing. The 2-4" forecast looks good for here unless I get in on some meso banding, but that looks like it will be east of here per most guidance.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jayyy said:

Yep! Looks like cold, broken by being on the warm side of the Sunday storm, into some days of normal temps in the 40’s before the pattern/cold reloads late next weekend as the MLK day storm forms. 

The 17th-30th has the potential to be an incredible period if the chips fall correctly. 00z Gfs was one of the weeniest runs I’ve ever seen. EPS mean looks tasty as well. Going to be a fun few weeks of tracking  

Stock up on whatever it is you drink to stay awake. Because you are gonna be awake for days and days tracking this.

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

4 minutes ago, Jebman said:

Stock up on whatever it is you drink to stay awake. Because you are gonna be awake for days and days tracking this.

By 00z next Wednesday, I have a feeling we’re going to be talking about a potential D5 MECS around these parts. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, CAPE said:

28.5 with moderate snow here currently. I'm guessing it started after 1am. Decided not to lose sleep over this one after the big storm earlier in the week lol.

Pretty out there, looks like 2" so far just eyeballing. The 2-4" forecast looks good for here unless I get in on some meso banding, but that looks like it will be east of here per most guidance.

Think the mega band that made its way from the Shen valley to Baltimore has weakened enough to where you won’t see those 2”+/hr rates, but I suspect you’ll pick up another few inches on the backend. It comes through like a bat out of hell. Ratios were over 20:1 under that band earlier.

4 minutes ago, BlizzardNole said:

Germantown -- wow I woke up just before 2 am and saw less than an inch as it was getting going then woke up around 4 am and we have 4-5"!  I wish I had woke up in the middle of it!  Thanks for all the posts describing it in this thread.

shocked mcps hasnt closed!  Roads are ok I am assuming?