Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Jan 6/7 "Event" and obs

stormtracker

Just now, Wetbulbs88 said:

My bad I meant Ellicott City haha. ETA: I'm sure it did. EC was great but nothing like up there. 

Definitely saw some very solid storms over the years down near turf valley, but also found myself on the RS line frequently while places 10-15 miles N / NW of me saw several inches more. Finally made the move and the slight change in latitude and elevation has paid dividends for sure. 

With that being said - I saw less than an inch IMBY on Monday, while my brother saw 6”

1 minute ago, jayyy said:

Definitely saw some very solid storms over the years down near turf valley, but also found myself on the RS line frequently while places 10-15 miles N / NW of me saw several inches more. Finally made the move and the slight change in latitude and elevation has paid dividends for sure. 

With that being said - I saw less than an inch IMBY on Monday, while my brother saw 6”

Monday was a 1/10 situation. Someone measured 8.5" down here, though I think that was a bad measurement. We did see about 7" though. 

As somebody who lived in Buffalo for 5+ years, I can confirm this is the exact type of snow / accumulation seen with Lake Effect.

2” per hour of the fluffiest snow you’ll ever see stemming from a near picture perfect atmosphere for dendrite growth. Pretty rare we see these types of flakes down here. Amazing. 

• Like 5