Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Jan 6/7 "Event" and obs

stormtracker

1 minute ago, gunny23 said:

Our friends were just west of Moorefield - easily said 6 or 7 inches and the rates were insane.  Up until Wardensville not much of anything but when it hit, it hit hard,

48 between Moorefield and Davis is essentially a death trap if you don’t know what you are doing. I almost prefer it in the snow compared to the fog. On the drive back This past weekend there were times when visibility was basically zero.  My wife asked me if i knew what i was doing? Still trying to figure that out lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Thanatos_I_Am said:

For those of us in the DC metro, this reeks of waking up to a dusting on the grass. Seen this too many times before. Not expecting much whatsoever..

Glad those who missed Monday are cashing, tho! 

Honestly this storm is a perfect consolation to Monday, given I only got 3" on Monday in Germantown.

It'll be nice to hopefully get another 3-4" here, maybe.

Just now, jonjon said:

Sounds like you timed it well.  Coming much later would have been super sketchy.

Yeah it would have been difficult. My main goal was to arrive before it was dark, and I had just made it. Most of the drive was fine, and it was basically white rain in Cumberland and Keyser, but then it got treacherous above 2000 ft, especially around route 48. Thankfully my snow tires made it easy for me.