Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Jan 6/7 "Event" and obs

stormtracker

2 minutes ago, nj2va said:

00z HRRR says Winchester has 0.2” on the ground one minute from now…oops

4 hours in and being generous...only about 2.5" here.  Radar looks super juicy to the SW but at the speed this is moving, we need some 1" per hour rates or we are not going to meet potential here.

Wind is 0.0.  Dead calm.  How often you see that during precip here?

• Like 1

I like what I am seeing now.  Reports to our SW show this is overperforming if anything.  That band ripping to our NW is a good thing...that banding riding along the jet was NOT supposed to be our snow.  The actual radar matches the sim radar from the GFS and Euro, both of which were decent to good for our area in general.  But the intensity of whats happening just to our NW shows what kind of environment we have for anyone that ends up in banding later on as the primary and upper level energy tracks across VA and we get into better lift.  If anything I am MORE optimistic right now than I was earlier.  

Oh and chill out.  

• Like 30
  • Thanks 2
  • Weenie 4

2 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

I like what I am seeing now.  Reports to our SW show this is overperforming if anything.  That band ripping to our NW is a good thing...that banding riding along the jet was NOT supposed to be our snow.  The actual radar matches the sim radar from the GFS and Euro, both of which were decent to good for our area in general.  But the intensity of whats happening just to our NW shows what kind of environment we have for anyone that ends up in banding later on as the primary and upper level energy tracks across VA and we get into better lift.  If anything I am MORE optimistic right now than I was earlier.  

Oh and chill out.  

Nowcasting for the WIN