Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 6/7 "Event" and obs

stormtracker

6 minutes ago, SnowGolfBro said:

We are getting Thomas and Rui back very soon. I think the Wiz are in a good spot. The hot start was a bit of a fluke but if we can get mostly healthy for the second half of the season good things will happen. High clouds streaming into Montclair.

agreed. TB isn't a great lateral player, but he can stick the 3.  

system's on track: https://www.star.nesdis.noaa.gov/GOES/conus_band.php?sat=G16&band=GEOCOLOR&length=12&dim=1

• stormtracker changed the title to Jan 6/7 "Event" and obs
1 minute ago, leesburg 04 said:

That's still an improvement as each run goes

EPS or GEFS are prob best left undiscussed this close in. I'm not sure if there's any value with a low res ens spread when mesos and ops all look mostly the same. Not saying the maps shouldn't be posted. Just that there really isn't much to be gained from them at this point 

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

EPS or GEFS are prob best left undiscussed this close in. I'm not sure if there's any value with a low res ens spread when mesos and ops all look mostly the same. Not saying the maps shouldn't be posted. Just that there really isn't much to be gained from them at this point 

I'm all in....because...what's my other option? :poster_stupid:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

Not really, honestly. Yesterday's 12z, 18z, and last night's 00z all had 2" through the Beltway. Even 06z had blues north of DC. Could be a slight improvement for a few specific yards, I guess.

I don't know man that one that was posted earlier today at 12z looked like crud where there is now almost 2" I think it's filling in some in the dead zone...it might have the dead zone nailed but it's getting less deader

• Like 1

1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

First flakes showing up about 20 miles west of Winchester. Now we painfully wait.

https://weather.cod.edu/satrad/nexrad/index.php?parms=LWX-N0Q-1-24-100-usa-rad

Is that virga?  It's  very early.  I hope it starts later than this, or we're gonna lose a bit of this to melting.  And we don't have enough juice to be wasting any.

1 minute ago, Ji said:

the radar always looks good until it becomes our radar

Lmao.. idk what you use but I downloaded radar scope in my App Store and have had it for a good couple years. Every radar I see from Greenville to Knoxville even down to Atlanta all has a “good” look. Let’s just hope for the best man. I’m sure your temps are much more behaved. I’m 47/19 so am going to waste some precip for awhile.

14 minutes ago, MDphotog said:

Is it still? NWS has our forecast as snow starting after 5pm in Hagerstown area.

i may be wrong then.  i thought this was a late evening arrival, though i know the waa is surging ahead to the west, so maybe that's the case for hagerstown/higher elevations.