Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Jan 6th-7th 2022 Second Chance Storm

John1122

1 minute ago, ShawnEastTN said:

YES! John that is my experience also. Cannot seem to upload a picture from my phone to the forum it fails. Need to hop on a computer and delete old images.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I just use an image hosting service and direct link. I wish the forum had more space. I've thought about a back up account like Carvers. 

• Like 1

Here in West Knoxville we can’t seem to penatrate the dry air.  Looks like we should be geting good snow.  I remember  a time when we were suppose to get a heavy snow and we ended up without a flake because dry air was never overcome.  Hope that does not happen.

1 minute ago, TellicoWx said:

Think you guys on the plateau and around Knox are golden..even HRRR has LP to The east in next 2-3 hrs. Backside on even it is showing more moisture, brings more of the southern valley into play are 3-4pm.

Agree, MSLP looks to take a favorable path.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TellicoWx said:

Think you guys on the plateau and around Knox are golden..even HRRR has LP to The east in next 2-3 hrs. Backside on even it is showing more moisture, brings more of the southern valley into play are 3-4pm.

You think Maryville looks more similar to Knox or the southern valley/madisonville for this system

Just now, bearman said:

Here in West Knoxville we can’t seem to penatrate the dry air.  Looks like we should be geting good snow.  I rember a time when we were supose to get a heavy snow and we ended up without a flake because dry air was never overcome.  Hope that does not happen.

I don't think that will be the case this time unless the whole system dries out...but it doesn't appear that will happen.

12 minutes ago, ShawnEastTN said:

YES! John that is my experience also. Cannot seem to upload a picture from my phone to the forum it fails. Need to hop on a computer and delete old images.

I had same issues but one of the forum members told me that if you take a screenshot of your photo then try to upload it it reduces the file size considerably. I've gotten good results with it, good luck

• Like 3

Escalated quickly in Lake City / Rocky Top area... all snow and moderate rate... temp is now 37 degrees or so says my car thermometer... also there were never any mixing issues here.... started as snow... grassy surfaces now getting white and vehicles... I right next to I-75...seen several TDot salt trucks around

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, tnwxwatcher said:

Escalated quickly in Lake City / Rocky Top area... all snow and moderate rate... temp is now 37 degrees or so says my car thermometer... also there were never any mixing issues here.... started as snow... grassy surfaces now getting white and vehicles... I right next to I-75...seen several TDot salt trucks around

You can generally take 3-5 degrees off car thermometers. 

• Mr Bob unpinned this topic