• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 6th-7th 2022 Second Chance Storm

John1122

Not sure how much lower I'll get, but am currently at 28.2. Have been below freezing since 11 pm. There's still patchy snow on the ground in shady, north facing spots even after hitting the upper 40s today. MRX does say that it will begin as rain here, basically it only has above 2200ft beginning as snow in the point forecast.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, PowellVolz said:

MRX chopped my totals in half. This is usually good

Funny you should say that.  Their computer generated forcast does crazy things.  My forcast for west knox has increased.

Today
A chance of rain before 1pm, then rain and snow between 1pm and 3pm, then snow after 3pm. High near 37. Northeast wind 5 to 10 mph becoming north in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
They added an inch possibe on my night time forcast which had nothing before.  
  • Like 1

Funny you should say that.  Their computer generated forcast does crazy things.  My forcast for west knox has increased.
Today A chance of rain before 1pm, then rain and snow between 1pm and 3pm, then snow after 3pm. High near 37. Northeast wind 5 to 10 mph becoming north in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible. They added an inch possibe on my night time forcast which had nothing before.  

Mine was 2-4” when I went to bed and I haven’t seen anything that would change my outlook

From MRX disco…

Although snow may start to fall between 2-4 PM, it
may not be cold enough at the surface for accumulation until 4-6
PM. There is considerable spread in the SREF plumes at TRI and
TYS, but the main cluster of members is between 1-3 inches at TRI,
and 0.5 to 2 at TYS. With this in mind, the Advisory will be
maintained for this area

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I must admit I do not have a lot of meteorological knowledge but have observed the weather since I was a small child.  Seen setups like this many times.  With the due west component sometimes cold air can get traped in the valley.  The other thing that can happen is high clouds come in and allow the sun to heat the low levels and then the cloud deck moves in and traps the heat which evaporative cooling can not over come.  Living in the vally has so many things that can effect our chances for snow.  Just have to wait and see what happens,

• Like 1

• Mr Bob unpinned this topic