Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Jan 6th-7th 2022 Second Chance Storm

John1122

2 minutes ago, RawCrabMeat said:

0z GFS is a great run anyone north of mcminn or so

cmon.... don't fail us GFS

One thing I did notice is that for quite a few runs, the snow/no snow line has hovered right at the southern TN border.  The latest run made a little jump north on that line.  And let's hope that convective looking stuff in Alabama depicted on the HRRR doesn't get going.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Hurricaneguy said:

Good luck everyone in Central TN! It looks like it’s shaping up to be a good one. I feel like we’ll be lucky to see 2” again in the Eastern Valley 

Yea, and to be fair, 2" is nice with cold 20 degree air. What I hate is spotty brown grass sticking out. Middle tn scored with Jonas? in 2016, were due for a 6 incher in the valley. Maybe this long term pattern produces

2 minutes ago, TellicoWx said:

Once you get this close to an event, the mean starts moving with the OP. Better to look at the individual members to see if it has locked a solution or not...still quite a few different outcomes in the GEFS.

Screenshot_20220105-230656_Chrome.jpg

No complaints there... most likely is 4, hoping for 16!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RawCrabMeat said:

Yea, and to be fair, 2" is nice with cold 20 degree air. What I hate is spotty brown grass sticking out. Middle tn scored with Jonas? in 2016, were due for a 6 incher in the valley. Maybe this long term pattern produces

Yep! Last big snow in Greeneville was 2014. I’m just waiting to get an 8”+ 80s/90s style snow storm again. It’s a shame it’s been decades since we’ve had one that big. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hurricaneguy said:

Yep! Last big snow in Greeneville was 2014. I’m just waiting to get an 8”+ 80s/90s style snow storm again. It’s a shame it’s been decades since we’ve had one that big. 

4 minutes ago, Hurricaneguy said:

Oh yeah. Feb 2014 had a nice one. 8" here but was 40s next day and melted quick. Been waiting for 8 years and counting for one that caliber, though. Sometimes I just want to move to the top of clingman's dome.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TellicoWx said:

There is going to be a very sharp cutoff it seems along that southern edge...could be where 15 miles or so means the difference between sleet mess and 2"-4"+

Yep, looks like S valleys have a sharp line in their counties and the E valley has rain to begin, then snow, except for Chatt

• Mr Bob unpinned this topic