Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Jan 6th-7th 2022 Second Chance Storm

John1122

56 minutes ago, Jesse from KY said:

I heard that a few of the models (HRRR, NAM & Hi-res NAM) trended further north with the heavier snowfall. How likely is that? And could that mean lower snow for areas like Bell County, KY? I live in the North side near the Clay County line.

Right now. It looks great where you are.

• Like 2

The least likely occurrence that MRX mentions even for my area is that we start as snow, switch to rain, then back to snow. It's extremely rare to switch back and forth in a continual cooling situation like this should be. 

Unless it’s a backside wrap around situation I agree with you. I think everyone north of 40 stays snow if we start out as snow. I think you get 6+ inches and I think we will see some higher ratios towards the 2nd half of the system when the temps crash. I think someone in the valley north of 40, west of 81 will get 4-6”.

My point and click forecast is showing the high as 39 tomorrow and a low of 13.  What I want to know is when and how it warms from the forecast low of 28 to 39 from morning to noon then drops back down?  Either way, it's showing a Thursday 1-2 inches and Thursday night 1-3, so we will see.

• Like 1

I wouldn't worry about that 18Z NAM. HRRR run off the same WRF is in line with the GFS/Euro.

Upper Plateau is staying all snow. Bank on that! Tennessee has sports bettering. What about weather betting?

Though I have not looked hard, Kentucky snow looks excellent. PVA is lined up. Should be plenty of overrunning moisture up there. 

Last post today. You all know my Chattan00ga forecast. No snow in the valley. Wins for Signal and Lookout. Mocs beat Wofford tonight.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

I wouldn't worry about that 18Z NAM. HRRR run off the same WRF is in line with the GFS/Euro.
Upper Plateau is staying all snow. Bank on that! Tennessee has sports bettering. What about weather betting?
Though I have not looked hard, Kentucky snow looks excellent. PVA is lined up. Should be plenty of overrunning moisture up there. 
Last post today. You all know my Chattan00ga forecast. No snow in the valley. Wins for Signal and Lookout. Mocs beat Wofford tonight.

How much for signal and look out you think? I have a friend down there

So when I read the text on the WWA for my area , upper cumberland , it said 2- 4 with locally higher amounts of 5- 6 inches.  And it said they may change to a WSW ..... I tried to copy it over here but failed, must be doing something wrong. Maybe someone with better skills could do it haha. Anyway, hope we don't get any rain with this one

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Dsty2001 said:

What is perplexing to me is the snowfall amounts are near identical to when MRX issued a winter storm warning with the last system, yet with the colder temps the travel impacts from this should be worse.  Not sure what their reasoning is on that

I don’t belive there is any reasoning behind it.  It is most likely who is on the shift at the time and coordination with the other offices.

• Like 2

• Mr Bob unpinned this topic