• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Small or possibly moderate wintry event possible for a portion of the NYC subforum Friday morning-early afternoon 1/7/22

wdrag

Just now, kingbaus said:

I keep on hearing about this convection robbing this systems full potential. What happens if it doesn't show up tonight.

Then the coastal low would have more energy and moisture to itself and it would be a better outcome for us. But it's really nowcast time to see how that convection blows up and how it affects our storm. The upper air setup would really favor a nice compact low just offshore so we have that going for us. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, mob1 said:

I hope the clouds don't roll in till another few hours so we can radiate a bit with the low dew points we have. Not that temperatures are a concern, but the colder the better. 

Temps aren't going to be a problem. Maybe it starts out at 33 briefly but the snow looks to come in like a wall and we drop below freezing quickly. Dewpoints are also in the teens which helps out with cooling. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

If the models start showing 1 low then the amounts will go up.

There's very little point in looking at anything other than very short term stuff right now in the model space.  Looking for frontogenic forcing.

I bumped up an inch to 3-6 today and flagged higher east end and eastern CT.  2-5" west of 287

• Like 2