• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Small or possibly moderate wintry event possible for a portion of the NYC subforum Friday morning-early afternoon 1/7/22

wdrag

8 minutes ago, NutleyBlizzard said:

I think a lot of us NYC metro folks are still smarting from the last storm.

This is nothing like the last storm, nothing worse than being on the cold fringe of a sharp cutoff to your south. This will be several hours of fluffy powder, won't be a big storm but will be pretty on Friday.  

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, forkyfork said:

we're in a great spot with regard to the fgen circulation and the dendritic growth zone. i don't care about qpf output <3 

I'm using 2-5" right now and think I'll stay there unless the meso's really start going en mass towards a clean fronto band.  I see the potential I'm just not willing to commit to it yet.

Low side of range for those in jersey and lower Hudson valley, higher side potential for the south shore/east end.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, ForestHillWx said:

Weird when Forky is positive and the board is dismissing the potential.

I’m far enough north west that my chances are slim, but you all living closer to the city should be ok. 

God afternoon FHW. When forky becomes serious I  generally pause and go on alert status. As always ….

• Like 4

Enso state quite different but in some other respects tomorrow night's 1-4" storm could analog well with an early January storm in another dead winter,  1980 (79-80). I think it might have been January 3rd. Initially this storm could over-perform to our south and west over some areas. As it moves in however, it moves out as dry air lessens snowfall rates and the storm moves rapidly e-ne.

WX/PT

2-5” seems to be what most are going with and hard to disagree. Storm looks disjointed as it’s coming through our area and doesn’t really get together until it’s NE of here. Fast movement doesn’t help. However there’s a decent chance someone could pick up more where they sit under a band. The VVs aren’t epic by any means but it doesn’t take long to get to 6” under a heavy fronto band. 5” would be E Suffolk and 2” would be well NW of the city. 

• Like 1