• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Upstate/Eastern New York- Jan 5-7 Lake Effect Snow Event

9 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

Looks like it's weakening and becoming more of a widespread, showery event.

Still coming down decent though. Keep hope alive!

FYI, just checked in on our local Sizzlemeter (otherwise known as Hancock Field thermometer)...26F at noon while 8 or 9 WeatherUnderground reporting spots in vicinity have 22-24F.  If their temp data is going to be biased High every.single.f*cking.day, pretty sure I don't want to hear about CC out of NWS.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

Still coming down decent though. Keep hope alive!

FYI, just checked in on our local Sizzlemeter (otherwise known as Hancock Field thermometer)...26F at noon while 8 or 9 WeatherUnderground reporting spots in vicinity have 22-24F.  If their temp data is going to be biased High every.single.f*cking.day, pretty sure I don't want to hear about CC out of NWS.

Yeah, it's beautiful flakes coming down. Not being picked up well by radar. I'm on the western edge of the best snows now though. Visibility has gone up and the sky is brightening a bit.  I've noticed our region is in a bad radar location in that we are out of the range of all 3 radar sites.

Yeah, that airport thermomenter....

37 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

Always appreciate your information. Sun is out now. Perhaps it will encourage some instability and add to those possible snow squalls? Maybe pick up a couple more inches this afternoon?

Sun out here too Matt, 2" OTG now ; was thinking the very same with instability. 2 more inches for a total of 4 'll be happy

My Liberty NY house got 2 inches

My long Island House got 4 inches

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CNY_WX said:

It’s snowing heavily here again. That band off the lake made it here and I’m in the middle of a heavy squall now. Unfortunately for you, Sferic, there’s a pretty sharp cut off to the south. 

True ! I like the flip side too when the unexpected happens and events overperform so onward !

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, CNY_WX said:

The heaviest snow has set up literally 5 miles north of me. I’m on the southern edge of the band so I’m going between light snow and periods where the sun is shining. 

4 minutes ago, sferic said:

True ! I like the flip side too when the unexpected happens and events overperform so onward !

Looks like the bands are starting to move south a bit again with a shift of the wind back to NW.

• Like 2

This almost looks interesting with a nice connection upstream. I've gotten 3" so far, and it's coming down quite nicely as I sit here just touching the southern most portion of the band. It looks like it's starting to head South again; perhaps it can drop another 2" as she sweeps through later this afternoon, so not a bad Winter Day.

Screenshot_20220107-150534_WeatherTAP.jpg

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

• Like 4