Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Upstate/Eastern New York- Jan 5-7 Lake Effect Snow Event

.A LAKE EFFECT SNOW BAND WILL AFFECT PARTS OF JEFFERSON AND LEWIS
COUNTIES...

HAZARDS...A lake effect snow band which can rapidly reduce visibility
to less than a quarter of a mile. This lake effect snow band is
producing extremely heavy snow at the rate of 1 to 2 inches per hour.

LOCATION AND MOVEMENT...At 142 PM EST, a lake effect snow band was
near Henderson Harbor, or 12 miles southwest of Watertown and
extended across Fort Drum and Carthage to Harrisville in northern
Lewis county. The lake effect snow band was nearly stationary.

WUNIDS_map - 2022-01-06T140148.581.gif

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Thinksnow18 said:

He’s gotta be pounding right now!!! I’m at Clarence ctr re where it becomes Stahley at the Conner rd split…(Buckeyes Suck will know where that is) and the snow is picking up again. OTG here about 4”

What’s up fellas I don’t even know how much we got I was down in Allegheny all day so I missed all the action.:clown:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Thinksnow18 said:

You can see the band re-organizing over the eastern end. Expecting heavy snow in the next 30 minutes to an hour

Yeah I’m anchored down in Tonawanda/Kenmore for now after cruising up to the falls. Upstream radars showing synoptic moisture coming in and the band appears to show some signs of reorganizing.  Hopefully I’ll get some action on my way outta here around 4-5. 

• Weenie 1

8 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

Yeah I’m anchored down in Tonawanda/Kenmore for now after cruising up to the falls. Upstream radars showing synoptic moisture coming in and the band appears to show some signs of reorganizing.  Hopefully I’ll get some action on my way outta here around 4-5. 

Yeah you can see that moisture coming off of Huron. That band is going to be rocking tonight, likely stronger than it was this morning. 

• Weenie 1

How is i90 out there? My ex and son are contemplating coming back to SYR tonight or tomorrow from Massillon Ohio. Neither option looks great but I see the band has shifted north of i90 for now...

Thinking if they took i90 to i86 they would be fine tonight. Maybe not so much tomorrow.

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

How is i90 out there? My ex and son are contemplating coming back to SYR tonight or tomorrow from Massillon Ohio. Neither option looks great but I see the band has shifted north of i90 for now...

They could easily go around it. Have them take 86 to 390 N. Don’t have them drive thru Buffalo. That would be insane

• Like 1

Just now, rochesterdave said:

They could easily go around it. Have them take 86 to 390 N. Don’t have them drive thru Buffalo. That would be insane

For some of us us would awesome!  But I agree just take the above mentioned route and they’ll have no issues aside from a million potholes on 86. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

8 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

For some of us us would awesome!  But I agree just take the above mentioned route and they’ll have no issues aside from a million potholes on 86. 

Thanks. Told them to go I90 to I86, I390.  NYS thruway webcams don't look bad right now until North of Buffalo city. But that could change.

• Like 1