• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 3, 2022 CAPE Storm Obs/Nowcast

WxUSAF

Been watching from NNE. Congrats Balt/DC and southeast.  Bob Turk is a friend of mine so lots of messaging the last 24 hours trying to get this storm right.  Forecast was very good despite a sharp northern cutoff.  Yesterday we talked about warm ground temperatures before a storm.  I always thought that was a fallacy if you have good snow rates.  This storm proved that.  More snow on the ground down there than most of New England.  With temperatures getting down to the teens tonight and only near freezing tomorrow there should be nice icicle growth weather.

• Like 1

6” - extreme southeastern OEC at my brothers place - officially in the books. It looks absolutely incredible out there.

Maybe 0.5” in my backyard in union bridge

Congrats to the rt 50 and surrounding area crew on cashing in big (8-14” reports)

GREAT way to kick off winter. Let’s do it all again early Friday, shall we?

2 minutes ago, MDstorm said:

Love all of the snow pics.  Had much more modest results with 3 “ in Western Howard County.  A friend of mine sent me this current pic from Westminster.  What a cutoff this storm had.  :wacko:B3422F23-5CBE-41FA-8E3D-FDF9E12E0C93.thumb.jpeg.52eeccc15310a9e1884ae27ddad568a3.jpeg

The cutoff seemed to slice Howard county in two. Roughly 3” in central and west-central HoCo with 1” in the extreme western and northern portions and a solid 4-6” in eastern hoco  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mikeg0305 said:

We got zero up here in Parkton. We had a couple of flakes very early in the morning. Not a flake since. 7b86af1f8de3df35630f88560db73696.jpg

You know this is a brutal gradient when one part of the county barely gets a flake while the other corner of that same county gets 6"+ with very heavy rates. 

A crazy cutoff for sure.

9 minutes ago, FamouslyHot said:

Thought I'd share some pictures I took. My first snowstorm since moving from the Columbia that doesn't get snow (SC) to the Mid-Atlantic! Storm total right around 6 inches IMBY

https://twitter.com/J_Sprankle/status/1478061732887240706?s=20

Isn’t that where Kenny used to live? Or still does.