Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 3, 2022 CAPE Storm Obs/Nowcast

WxUSAF

3 minutes ago, Winter Wizard said:

Annapolis easily pushing 6” according to my friend. 

Congrats everyone, love seeing DC south and east get clocked for once! Though I am lowkey jealous this happened as soon as I moved away. 

Fun fact: DC has gotten more snow than Baltimore over the last 5 years! And just between 2019 and this one...a good 20+ inches, DC...barely 10 for Baltimore.

Radar has been pretty crazy to follow over the last few hours. Western edge marches east, hits a literal brick wall, meanders in place, and in the final frames around 10:15-10:30am, bands begin moving N instead of E, filtering heavy snow back into Columba and eastern EC. The low must be finally be getting closer to the area 

4 minutes ago, Fozz said:

That has to be near Dundalk. If you're chasing this, it really is a good day to do it.

Yeah North Point Rd and Beltway cross. Its been a beautiful scene, here. Thundersnow. Im not complaining by any means, but havent seen that big flake size that really piles up though. Only knock

Just lost a 20yr old river birch.  Also a large Holly tree literally just uprooted and fell over.  I cant even go outside to enjoy it because branches are falling left and right and I'd be afraid for my safety.  In terms of destruction this is the worst storm I've had since I lived here since 2004.  Even the derecho had fewer trees down. 

Power still down too. 

PXL_20220103_155055167_copy_1512x2016.jpg

• Sad 2