• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 3, 2022 CAPE Storm Obs/Nowcast

WxUSAF

Not going to have much time to post but we're only a few hours away now from the CCB type snows. Kinda already happening in ppaces but the low has a bunch of latitude to gain yet. I'm a bit west obviously but I'm still expecting some colorado style powder even if brief. Peeps east of 95 may have their best scene in many many years. 

• Like 11

From an hour ago

PRELIMINARY LOCAL STORM REPORT
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE BALTIMORE MD/WASHINGTON DC
922 AM EST MON JAN 03 2022

..TIME...   ...EVENT...      ...CITY LOCATION...     ...LAT.LON...
..DATE...   ....MAG....      ..COUNTY LOCATION..ST.. ...SOURCE....
            ..REMARKS..

0830 AM     SNOW             3 N CHANTILLY           38.91N  77.41W
01/03/2022  M3.3 INCH        FAIRFAX            VA   NWS EMPLOYEE
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Not going to have much time to post but we're only a few hours away now from the CCB type snows. Kinda already happening in ppaces but the low has a bunch of latitude to gain yet. I'm a bit west obviously but I'm still expecting some colorado style powder even if brief. Peeps east of 95 may have their best scene in many many years. 

I'm hoping to be just far enough east here in Colesville. We'll see - that's a brutal cutoff in NW MoCo on radar. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, osfan24 said:

Turf Valley. Moved here last fall from the northeastern part of the county and was hoping it would really make a difference. I'm sure it will in the long run, but so far, I haven't really noticed much difference with the few storms we've had. Old neighborhood is going to beat me today, and the long duration storm last year was probably the only one so far where it made a difference, but we didn't get much from that anyway.

Yeah you're going to need a much longer time horizon to revert to the mean. It will work out in the end. I lived in Burleigh Manor, right near Centennial High. It was actually a fantastic spot up on that little hill. 

3 minutes ago, Sernest14 said:

How do y’all upload pics?  I keep getting file too large error

Use imgur or whatever hosting. Uploading here sucks. Fills up your storage and files have to be deleted individually. I haven't been able to upload here for years because there no fookin way I'm deleting 1k files one at a time. 

With imgur and similar, just upload and paste the link here. It will embed the pic

• Thanks 1