Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 3, 2022 CAPE Storm Obs/Nowcast

WxUSAF

1 minute ago, Roger Smith said:

By the way my 1-3" fast in and out was meant for the I-95 corridor, probably 3-6" in a few spots just south of that, but still with the ground fairly warm and the fast motion, mid-day clearing trend, can't see this amounting to a big dump of snow for very many. Rates may be good for about 1-2 hours. May do better in central VA too. Better than nothing, anyway. 

Okay, seriously, Roger that.  Thanks

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, CntrTim85 said:

How am I a troll? Because I ask the questions that upset people? I was just worried for you guys  because I know how dry air erodes the back edge. Hence the reason for the sharp cutoff. Geeze. 

Dawg, shh. 
You’re right that Hampton Roads got more snow than the DMV last year.  But as a fellow fan of Chesapeake, please do yourself and the city a favor and stop posting provocative stuff.  If you don’t know what’s provocative enough yet, just read until you do. 

• Like 2
  • Weenie 1

3 minutes ago, Roger Smith said:

By the way my 1-3" fast in and out was meant for the I-95 corridor, probably 3-6" in a few spots just south of that, but still with the ground fairly warm and the fast motion, mid-day clearing trend, can't see this amounting to a big dump of snow for very many. Rates may be good for about 1-2 hours. May do better in central VA too. Better than nothing, anyway. 

Can you just let it f-ing snow before you shit on how bad an event it is lol. 

• Haha 2
  • Weenie 1

27 minutes ago, BTRWx's Thanks Giving said:

Would the current radar depiction be a good indication of the northern edge tomorrow?

Noted the same thing.  I think it would be.  Certainly where the snow maps have been honing that line from Shenandoah County through Loudoun. 

4 minutes ago, CntrTim85 said:

My sister teaches in Loudon County. They are currently in a 2 hour delay. She has asked me to keep her apprised of the situation. She is anticipating a day off but would like as much notice as possible. This leaves me invested. Why can't you people just engage in conversation about the current weather and not attack people based on their locale? AGAIN, is anyone concerned about dry air eroding the precipitation field? 

No one is concerned about it and Loudoun County Schools will be closed Monday. Keeping your sister apprised does not require you to post this much. 

3 minutes ago, CntrTim85 said:

My sister teaches in Loudon County. They are currently in a 2 hour delay. She has asked me to keep her apprised of the situation. She is anticipating a day off but would like as much notice as possible. This leaves me invested. Why can't you people just engage in conversation about the current weather and not attack people based on their locale? AGAIN, is anyone concerned about dry air eroding the precipitation field? 

You can do that without invading.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, CntrTim85 said:

We just take the fins off our surfboards! Works 10x better. Did you guys really only get 20" of snow last year? That's dismal! Not a whole lot else to look forward to up there except some flakes. Good luck! 

Pretty sure my area over to PSUhoffman tripled yours in snowfall last year. Seriously man, who cares? 

lets just enjoy this event and another potential storm for Friday and keep it lax in here. No need for measure stick comparisons if you catch my drift  

4 minutes ago, CntrTim85 said:

Dry air is a concern on the northern flank for sure. Won’t be much precip shield building to the NW with this one. We saw a bit of a trend to a more negative tilt today, but not enough. 

Looks like NoVa / dc on east will be the money zone this go around. 

• Thanks 1