Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 3, 2022 CAPE Storm Obs/Nowcast

WxUSAF

8 minutes ago, nj2va said:

Gorgeous, thanks.  It looks like its taking on a negative tilt?

Yes.  I was looking at that from PSU’s discussion earlier today.  I wish I understood better how to figure out how far north the precip shield will go.  I mean 20-50 miles, which is hardly anything, will make a huge difference.  I did not put out my heat mats so I expect a northern shift at 0Z….

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Obviously models are converging on a SE of 95 jack and really nasty cutoff but I swear I've seen this movie 30 times. Maybe the SE does get the qpf/fronto jack... but will that cutoff verify? My gut says 6" from somewhere around HGR eastward. 

We had some cold Pacman events 2014&15 but the cold dry air eating the NW periphery was legit. Teens and single digits nearby legit. This setup is different. We'll see.

Why ...do you hate...Americuh?

• Weenie 1

3 minutes ago, CntrTim85 said:

Ban me for what? Noting that this snow storm has a high/low bust potential for people up north? Sorry I offended you. 

The Mid Atlantic subforum is mainly members that reside north of Richmond. If you are here for "IMBY" forecasts by being located in NE North Carolina, it's not going to happen. However, if you don't have anything constructive to post that affects the Mid Atlantic region then don't say anything at all. I am here for the knowledge and insight that the members of Mid Atlantic have that I do not.

• Haha 1