• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Interior NW & NE Burbs 2022

IrishRob17

@BxEngine did you see this last night?  NYC Fire Wire shared it too. Gotta love the armchair quarterbacks asking why the apron wasn't plowed and salted. Clearly no frame of reference to the conditions that area has been enduring this weekend.  There's more info in the comments like a truck company following a front end loader trying to get to the scene until the loader got stuck!

823DFDA7-AB5C-4310-B66D-F496E2169B4E.jpeg

• Sad 1

29 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

@BxEngine did you see this last night?  NYC Fire Wire shared it too. Gotta love the armchair quarterbacks asking why the apron wasn't plowed and salted. Clearly no frame of reference to the conditions that area has been enduring this weekend.  There's more info in the comments like a truck company following a front end loader trying to get to the scene until the loader got stuck!

That is just a bunch of setbacks at one time. I remember during snowstorms where you had a crew at the firehouse. The aprons were always plowed and salted. We even had town plows and vollies with their personal plows lead the way. But no way we had the extreme cold and snow depth that they had up there.

9 minutes ago, hudsonvalley21 said:

That is just a bunch of setbacks at one time. I remember during snowstorms where you had a crew at the firehouse. The aprons were always plowed and salted. We even had town plows and vollies with their personal plows lead the way. But no way we had the extreme cold and snow depth that they had up there.

I think it was one of the second due companies last night that said they had 5 to 6 feet on their apron. I'm pretty sure it was on the Gettin' Salty podcast they had a guest from Buffalo on one week and he mentioned a job maybe during the 77 storm when no one could get down the street from either side and the fire was in the middle of the block.  They had to stretch through waist deep snow from each end of the block. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IrishRob17 said:

Yeah i was listening for a bit. Id still rather go to a fire in the cold vs the heat but thats slightly too extreme for me lol

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Juliancolton said:

High was 64 here.

I drove past your zone today and it was 2-3° warmer than pretty much everywhere else. I think I saw 62 here and along the Taconic it was mostly around 60 except in central Dutchess. We stopped at Cooper's Daughter distillery on Rt 23, it's all outdoors which is cool but it's a mudpit. Good thing they have some awesome bourbons and vodkas so I didn't care that my shoes nearly got sucked off my feet. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, gravitylover said:

I drove past your zone today and it was 2-3° warmer than pretty much everywhere else. I think I saw 62 here and along the Taconic it was mostly around 60 except in central Dutchess. We stopped at Cooper's Daughter distillery on Rt 23, it's all outdoors which is cool but it's a mudpit. Good thing they have some awesome bourbons and vodkas so I didn't care that my shoes nearly got sucked off my feet. 

We're good at both fake cold and fake warm here. 

Ever been to Taconic Distillery? One of my favorites, and just up the road from me. 

7 hours ago, gravitylover said:

I haven't actually stopped there yet but I've had their stuff a bunch of times and love it. It's at the top of my hit list after I scrape up the $$ to replace the engine in my current vehicle and I'm mobile again. 

That’s a project.  I’m about to go out to get new windshield wipers which is about the extent of my skills and budget.

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, gravitylover said:

Yeah it is. I don't really want to do it in the driveway in the winter by myself so I'll probably pay the shop I usually use for stuff I don't feel like doing. At least they offer a solid guarantee and they do a lot of them (and they're cheap).

This fog today is terrible. 

Fog along the Hudson and some valleys had some pretty low visibilities. Hopefully this lightens up for the travelers on the roads tonight.  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...