Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Interior NW & NE Burbs 2022

IrishRob17

5 minutes ago, hudsonvalley21 said:

Wonder if DOT is out treating roads. Temps are at freezing already and roads are wet

They salted here right as the rain stopped. Most roads seem ok but there are definitely spots icing. Cant wait to ice skate in my backyard later.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, hudsonvalley21 said:

Wonder if DOT is out treating roads. Temps are at freezing already and roads are wet

I saw them out this morning with full loads of salt ready to go.  Based on the Google traffic maps they look ok around here so far.  A public service announcement though, if you don’t have a garage I recommend going out and opening and closing your cars doors, mine definitely had ice already and took a little effort to open just now. 

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

I saw them out this morning with full loads of salt ready to go.  Based on the Google traffic maps they look ok around here so far.  A public service announcement though, if you don’t have a garage I recommend going out and opening and closing your cars doors, mine definitely had ice already and took a little effort to open just now. 

Temps are dropping like a rock. Went from 32 to 27 in 30 minutes.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

Just ran to Rockland Bakery (im hoping that needs to explanation), and in the 10 mins i was inside my doors were frozen. The areas that flooded this morning by the palisades mall are iced over. Glad im done for the day. 

• Like 3

Just now, BxEngine said:

Just ran to Rockland Bakery (im hoping that needs to explanation), and in the 10 mins i was inside my doors were frozen. The areas that flooded this morning by the palisades mall are iced over. Glad im done for the day. 

No explanation needed for me but now that I think of it… it’s been a long time since I’ve had anything from there. Long overdue. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, BxEngine said:

They have an outlet store in Newburgh.  Doesn’t come close to the freshness of going in the back and grabbing your own bread. Also the cookie platters are much better in Nanuet.

currently 23/15.  The dewpts have crashed along with the temps.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, snywx said:

Nice coating of snow but all standing water is a sheet of ice now. Salt trucks have been nonstop the past hour 

Temp 16 degrees 

Just canceled our bowling league for tonight. Don’t need people getting into accidents along with slipping and breaking bones.

Total of 2.39” in the bucket for the event.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, IrishRob17 said:

That was a timely suggestion. I went out and struggled with the doors on our cars but managed to get them open without breaking anything. Thanks. 

• Like 3

Absolute crazy weather day. Left for work at 6 am to rain and 46 degrees, currently 3 below zero and winds gusting 40 to 50mph here on the Pocono Plateau. Flash freeze wasn’t as bad as advertised luckily, Penndot had a good handle on salting the heck out of the roads prior to the freeze up. Secondary roads a bit slick though. Fresh coating of snow today post front, and I somehow managed to salvage my snow pack with a minor refresher. Definitely a white Christmas here in the higher elevations of the Poconos, that’s for sure. 

• Like 5

41 minutes ago, NepaJames8602 said:

Absolute crazy weather day. Left for work at 6 am to rain and 46 degrees, currently 3 below zero and winds gusting 40 to 50mph here on the Pocono Plateau. Flash freeze wasn’t as bad as advertised luckily, Penndot had a good handle on salting the heck out of the roads prior to the freeze up. Secondary roads a bit slick though. Fresh coating of snow today post front, and I somehow managed to salvage my snow pack with a minor refresher. Definitely a white Christmas here in the higher elevations of the Poconos, that’s for sure. 

Just a taste on how it is on Mt. Washington 

currently, 10/-3

Amazing how the dewpts went from the mid 50’s to negative numbers.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Hitman said:

low of 6f here.

went out to run some errands.  roads are fine...until they're not.  Multiple spots where there's an ice flow 6" thick cutting across the roadway.

merry xmas

I drove over to see my Mom in New Windsor and observed that's the State and County maintained roads have a nice layer of salt on them. The Town of New Windsor...nah. Most of the roads are fine but there definitely ice patches, some large ones too, on the local streets. 

• Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

I drove over to see my Mom in New Windsor and observed that's the State and County maintained roads have a nice layer of salt on them. The Town of New Windsor...nah. Most of the roads are fine but there definitely ice patches, some large ones too, on the local streets. 

Driving over Storm King to Rockland to pick up family. Definitely going to keep an eye out for those ice patches on 9w and the Palisades Pky.

Got down to +3 overnight.

Merry Christmas to all. :santa:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, NepaJames8602 said:

-5 temp, winds gusting to 45mph. Just brutal. Current Temps around the Poconos. 

EE526689-F986-4B54-B3D7-8AF23010BB97.jpeg

Would love to know how much of your snowpack is still around.  My house in the Poconos was at -2 at midnight but I don't know how much lower it got after that-- what was your low this morning?  I think the lowest temps were around 8 AM?  Did the windchill get to -20 or -25?  I use Mount Pocono for my local obs, any idea what the low was over there and the coldest windchill?  Thanks!

46 minutes ago, BxEngine said:

Merry Christmas Eve everyone. 

I turned in early. For 45 Christmas Eves I shared my bed but for the last 5 I’ve slept alone. Tonight I chanced to give the forum one more glance and found your post. I no longer feel alone, I feel, instead, blessed. Happy Christmas to all. Thank you BxE. As always ….

• Like 4