Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Interior NW & NE Burbs 2022

IrishRob17

3 minutes ago, Hitman said:

I think there was about an inch on  my deck.  very satisfied with that.

Good thing this isnt a certain other subforum that mighta taken this paragraph outta context and implied some immature stuff. But im a mature, reserved adult.

giggity. 

• Haha 4

7 hours ago, Hitman said:

I think there was about an inch on  my deck.  very satisfied with that.

7 hours ago, BxEngine said:

Good thing this isnt a certain other subforum that mighta taken this paragraph outta context and implied some immature stuff. But im a mature, reserved adult.

Good evening all. Some of us ended up with a oak leaf cluster and nothing to cover. Stay well, as always ….

giggity. 

1 hour ago, BxEngine said:

Figured some here would appreciate this….Im at a show called A Sherlock Carol…a combination of Sherlock Holmes and A Christmas Carol. After the snow last night, and this tonight, it definitely feels christmasy around here lol

https://asherlockcarol.com

Glad to see that this moderator gig is paying off well for you, enjoy!

• Haha 1

I see the weenies are back out in force in the main thread...anyway, low of 7 here this morning.  Thanks to a high of 32, clouds, and relatively no wind yesterday, everything is still plastered with snow.  Its a true Currier and Ives scene out there, 4.5" at the stake.  All of this will be washed away soon enough so gotta take it in while I can.  

7 hours ago, IrishRob17 said:

I see the weenies are back out in force in the main thread...anyway, low of 7 here this morning.  Thanks to a high of 32, clouds, and relatively no wind yesterday, everything is still plastered with snow.  Its a true Currier and Ives scene out there, 4.5" at the stake.  All of this will be washed away soon enough so gotta take it in while I can.  

Wow, nice. Only 13F here. 

I was only able to see a few meteors, not because of the moon but the neighbors outrageous amount of outdoor lights. I asked one that has 4 floodlights that are always on to turn them off until after 10 so I could watch the sky and he told me to fk off. He said that's what cars are for and I should get into one and leave :axe: 

There's not much snow on the ground here but it still looks more wintry than just stick season so I guess that's a win. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

56 minutes ago, gravitylover said:

I was only able to see a few meteors, not because of the moon but the neighbors outrageous amount of outdoor lights. I asked one that has 4 floodlights that are always on to turn them off until after 10 so I could watch the sky and he told me to fk off. He said that's what cars are for and I should get into one and leave :axe: 

There's not much snow on the ground here but it still looks more wintry than just stick season so I guess that's a win. 

Wow what a dick. He should pack up his car and move and take his floodlights with him. :gun_bandana:

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, gravitylover said:

It never gets dark in our house anymore. The best is when they go to FL for the winter the lights go on a motion sensor so they're constantly going on and off. I need a bb gun :devilsmiley:

Good morning gravity. Perhaps the Home Alone plumbers. Stay well, as always …

AA78B39C-F084-4194-8EB9-2EA71BB71EC8.png

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, gravitylover said:

It never gets dark in our house anymore. The best is when they go to FL for the winter the lights go on a motion sensor so they're constantly going on and off. I need a bb gun :devilsmiley:

I would complain to the authorities if I were you.  Maybe they can do something to him and fine him or something.  I've had an urge to get rid of light pollution too, it has bad health effects and the ignorant think that these wasteful lights actually lower crime when they do not.

On 12/13/2022 at 10:31 PM, Juliancolton said:

Seem to have leveled off at 14 for now after an impressive descent earlier in the evening. Just the slightest breeze picking back up as I watch for Geminids. Beautifully clear night... shame about the moon coming up to wash out the fainter meteors. 

The moon was bad for the Perseids too.  Maybe with missions finally returning to the moon they can put some sort of dark covering on it to make it not so bright?  Reducing its albedo would be a boon to star gazers.

SHORT TERM /6 PM THIS EVENING THROUGH 6 PM FRIDAY/...
The storm really gets going tonight and Friday as the low move
off the middle Atlantic coast and moves towards the region.
Precipitation becomes widespread across the entire region, with
some of the precipitation falling moderate to locally heavy at
times late tonight into Friday morning.

Winter headlines continue until 1am for Western Passaic and
until 10am Friday for Orange County where temperatures will be
cold enough for a longer period of snowfall. While it appeared
that there could be a period of freezing rain over the last 24
hours, it does not appear that way with the latest 00z runs.
With most of the guidance backing off on this, I have removed
the mention of freezing rain thus taking out any ice
accumulations.

Snowfall amounts will be rather tricky across Orange county. Right
now, while there is a winter weather advisory, I do think there
could be a portion of Orange county that could or will meet warning
criteria (6+ inches). The best chances will be across the far
western sections of the county, mainly north and west of the I-84
corridor from Port Jervis to Montgomery. It looks like there could
be a fairly tight gradient of the heaviest snowfall, the main
question is where does that gradient set up. Also, there is a chance
that some location, mainly far western Orange could see a brief
period of heavy snowfall where amounts could reach rates of 1 inch
per hour for an hour or two. Have decided to go with an advisory vs
a warning for Orange county, because at this time, it does not
appear that more than half of the county will reach warning level
snowfall.

Outside of Orange County NY and Western Passaic NJ, the rest of the
Lower Hudson Valley, rest of NE NJ, and interior SW CT is expected
to see a mostly a rain event with the possibility of a rain/snow
mix to start. Little to no accumulations are expected in these
locations. Along the coast, including the NYC Metro, coastal CT
and Long Island, pretty much a plain rain event is expected.

Should be interesting to watch unfold

Gonna be riding an interesting line still even after the colder solutions began to take hold whether I still only see maybe 4-6 or go for something more like 8-10”

I like maybe maybe going for 7-8” where I’m at, with the double digits reserved for MSV elevation and up. I’d really want to just go to Hunter and watch the fireworks if I could. 

Nonetheless as the NE forum folks have termed it..we’re gonna need a bigger boat if the massive signal for next week plays out. Incredible timing, but that serves as a double edged sword. Travel nightmare, but a White Christmas finally? Who’s to say at this rate. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Juliancolton said:

Today would have been a great track with a little deeper and more distinct low. Hopefully the Christmas Eve system is similarly tucked.

It's going to be awesome for the Poconos I always spend the week before Christmas to the week after New Years there.

New York is absolutely THE WORST place to be for Christmas and New Years.  Too crowded and the traffic is horrendous.