Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Interior NW & NE Burbs 2022

IrishRob17

3 hours ago, IrishRob17 said:

Yep, crushed this week with at least 90% of the leaves in my yard down now. 

Interesting, I’m about 80% still on the trees. The last 2 days have dropped most of the 20%. I see that the the low at MGJ was 31 where SWF was 39. That would show the difference in the leaf difference with the temps mostly cooler on average your way. A couple of cool nights coming up with around or just under 32. 

2 hours ago, hudsonvalley21 said:

Interesting, I’m about 80% still on the trees. The last 2 days have dropped most of the 20%. I see that the the low at MGJ was 31 where SWF was 39. That would show the difference in the leaf difference with the temps mostly cooler on average your way. A couple of cool nights coming up with around or just under 32. 

I always considered that to be influence from he Hudson River, it always seems to be later the closer you get to the river.  Am I correct?  Probably not, as is tradition, but I've been running with that for years so I ain't stopping now. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

I always considered that to be influence from he Hudson River, it always seems to be later the closer you get to the river.  Am I correct?  Probably not, as is tradition, but I've been running with that for years so I ain't stopping now. 

I agree with you especially at the lower elevations. I believe you’re correct with the influence. keep on running with the tradition, it’s been working well so far ;)

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, gravitylover said:

A lot has to do with wind exposure. The tree in my front yard is already bare, it dropped 90% of it's leaves yesterday but, the trees on the other (downhill) side of the street which are well sheltered are still 80% full. 

True as well as precip and precip rates.  My experience along the river is that peak is always a bit later because in my theory the Hudson is large enough to keep temps a couple of degrees warmer and not just right along the immediate banks.

On 10/28/2022 at 10:10 PM, Hitman said:

I’m about 80% full here.  The oaks just started to turn.  The Japanese maple in my backyard which is always the last to go, is almost all green.

4 hours ago, IrishRob17 said:

446854AC-3BAC-471D-BFD0-E618EE9E3070.jpeg

28 minutes ago, gravitylover said:

Yeah it keeps getting almost to freezing in my backyard but not quite making it, the front has had thick frosts a few times. The garden is green and doing quite well, the bees are happy too. Now if I could get the birds to leave the strawberries alone so I could have some... 

Good glorious afternoon. Hitman I thought my still green maple was reaping the benefits of the inner city UHI warmth. Unless the Japanese version has different metabolism. Irish I identified with your great photos and verbiage. The top one is me at 45 the bottom is me at my present 75. Not to worry the ground is never really hard. My cucuzza squash finally started producing female flowers by late September. Whatever winged fertilizer is still viable and flying has managed to get at least three of the squash developing. Sadly my dream, considering the date, of producing a baseball bat for show is nearly gone. It saddens me to look at them and realize I’m still bigger than they are. Stay well all, as always …

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rclab said:

Good morning Rob. We are fortunate that Bx and Rjay do a fine job on deleting inappropriate responses to posts. Their were so many I had to think better of. Stay well, as always …..

Yeah, I throw comments like that out there to see who's paying attention although my high temp was indeed 69, I swear! 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2